Middlesbrough - Lazonby Steel Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middlesbrough - Lazonby Steel Works

Back in the late 1960's I worked for a company who supplied canteen products to the steel works at Middlesbrough. The account was split up into about six different locations.

I am sure I can remember a Lazonby Steel Works there. Can anyone please tell me where Lazonby was/is. If I Google Lazonby all I get is the Lazonby near Penrith.

Your help would be really great to solve the mistery of where one of my ancestors lived. She quotes on the various census that she was born at Lazonby in Yorkshire.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Linda
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Lazenby is down the road from Eston carnt think of what the road is its on;;will get back to you on this ;;think A171 or A174, half moon pub there does nice sunday lunch according to daughter;;;lol
    Last edited by borobabs; 18-12-09, 12:21.
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Linda - I think you are you thinking of Lackenby, near Redcar. The firm in Sheffield that my dad worked for made a lot of machinery for steelworks all over the place.
      Secondary Industry - Steel Industry
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thats good point UJ think Lazenby is more related to ICI well the old one anyway , Lacenby works was is down on the trunk road leading to Redcar ;;

Comment

Hello, sorry I've just come back to you. I am having awful problems with my internet connection.

I can remember Lackenby and Lazonby. Memory ain't what it used to be perhaps I am mixing up ICI and the Steel works, but I can remember both names.

Waiting on borobabs. Eston rings a bell too. Its just that this ancestor might (if I am on the right track) have been married at Wilton by Redcar.

Thank you all for responding.

:xmas_smile:
          Linda - Happy Hunting

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Babs you are brilliant. Just googled Eston on their maps page and boing, next to WILTON golf club is Lazenby. Yes yes yes. This ties in with where this relative was married.

Thank you for this information, it proves the link. I can now go to bed and not lay awake trying to figure the wall out.

Thank you again.

Linda:xmas_biggrin::xmas_biggrin:
            Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Glad you got sorted Linda its not that far from me ;;;

Comment

Thanks Babs I am not far up the A19 near Dalton Park so will probably pop down to the church at Wilton by Redcar for a photo.

Kind regards - Linda
                Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Well dont forget what daughter said about Half moon pub its in the village only about half dozen houses there ;;

Comment

Working...
                  X