GRO have stepped it up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO have stepped it up

Ordered 4 Certs late on Tuesday and one arrived this morning .
    I got so excited as I opened it then realised I had already got it ? oh well at least it came quick hope the others arrive tomorrow .

LOL Val - yet another reason why I prefer to use the local Register Office if possible.

Twice the local RO has phoned me to ask "Are you sure you want this cert, as I can see from my records that I sent you this x months ago"

OC

Comment

I stopped using my local RO when they decided to charge me £15 per certificate if I stayed and waited for it. I then sent off for one from there (£8 cheaper) and it took 20 days to arrive and then had four mistakes in it !! - I was not impressed.

GRO are lots better at the moment.

Comment

Val,

do what I have done, create lists of which Birth Marriage or Death certs you have purchased, and keep them on your puter desktop, that way at a few clicks you can see what you have got, (might also be an idea to add the GRO refs too) (which is something that has only just occured to me to do!!)
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

:xmas_laugh:Julie !!!! really I dont want Tom to see I pay for them
          Thats brilliant OC but I have never got a good service like that from local ones .

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            .... really I dont want Tom to see I pay for them
            How do you manage to persuade him they come free! :xmas_wink:
            Elaine

Comment

:xmas_laugh:Julie !!!! really I dont want Tom to see I pay for them
              Thats brilliant OC but I have never got a good service like that from local ones .
              ahhhh that could be a problem then..

copy them into a small notepad and hide it? :xmas_yes:
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

he thinks they come with the FMP Sub LOL

Comment

I have tried so hard to find Richard Woods birth cert I recognise all the refs without noting them down
                  Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Why not learn British Sign Language: BritishSignLanguage.com; An Online Guide to British Sign Language

Comment

he thinks they come with the FMP Sub LOL
                    I don´t know how you get away with that! :xmas_laugh::xmas_laugh:
                    Elaine

Comment

:xmas_wink::xmas_laugh:he does not even know how to turn the pc on thats how ,

Comment

Oh I just love this. My Bob doesnt even know how to turn the computer on. I've only just (after 9 years of having a computer) got him to click on a web site that looks at film stars The Internet Movie Database (IMDb) and how to navigate their website.

Heaven forbid he figures out family history research. He has no idea about Ancestry and FMP and Durham Records Online and FMP 1911 Census and GRO office for certificates, can't think of the others I shell contributions/subscriptions too.

LOL

:xmas_biggrin:
                        Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

:xmas_sign:naughty Linda lol what they dont know cant hurt them eh ????

Comment

Working...
                          X