MS Word 2007 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Word 2007 Help

I have deleted some Word Files from my Document Folder but when I click on the Office Button in Word they are still showing in the list of recent documents.

I have tried restarting the computer but they are still showing. Does anyone know how to remove the files from the document list?

Thanks
    Malcolm

They will gradually drop off the bottom of the list, as you open other documents. Just don't worry about them.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I'm not sure you can delete them easily. They are an indication of the most recently used documents and I think it is irrelevant whether or not they are still on your computer.
      Elaine

Comment

Have found this by googling:

You can right click any document in the My Recent Document List and select Delete, but this will delete the document from your PC, which you may not like.
        Obviously not a problem if you have already deleted the file from your computer -but no idea if it works!
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Wendy, I never noticed this before I thought maybe I was doing something wrong.

Malcolm

Comment

Hi Elaine, I tried right clicking on the recent document list but didn’t get a delete option, just an option for Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar.

Malcolm

Comment

I'd agree with Wendy - just let them drop off the end of the listing!
              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                I'm not sure you can delete them easily. They are an indication of the most recently used documents and I think it is irrelevant whether or not they are still on your computer.
                Elaine is completely correct.
                The list is of previously opened documents, it acts as a quick 'reminder' to their location and they will stay there until there is no room on the list, whether or not they actually still exist.

The default setting is that Word remembers the last 17 documents, so as the list gets longer, the older ones will be removed to make room for the newer ones.

Researching:
                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I have Vista and if I click on Recent Items and Right Click I get a drop down list with the option to 'Clear Recent Item List' right click on this and you will get the option to delete the list. This I do often and it just removes the quick start but the documents remain on computer.
                  Margaret N
                  DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Trevor; Margaret; thanks for your input.

I did a little experimenting and went to ‘Word Options>Advanced’ and was able to change the default settings to 10 now the deleted files don’t show.

Malcolm

Comment

Working...
                    X