ZGuard ??? anyone heard of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZGuard ??? anyone heard of it

I clicked on a web page and up came this huge warning box and a graph and a red line started to run across it ,then it supposedly identified trojans and all sorts and told me my pc was running ever so slow and to scan my pc with a programme it produced again supposedly from Windows ???
    I was very suspicious of this especially as it would not let me decline
    I finally got out of it and am running a full scan on Kaspersky but would like to know if this was one of those spoof things has anybody heard of Zguard

got to pop out back later

Comment

look at this
      zGuard - Fr Ihre Sicherheit
      English Version (Version 2) : zGuard-02.01e-Flyer.pdf

Wolf

Comment

but is it safe to click on it ???? Wolf

Comment

I take seriously the notes mine safety programme always serious.
          The virus first comes,
          the programme patch then follows:
          In your case this message does not open.
          At some safety programmes one can adjust the corresponding ones according to attitude for the online work. This way to get data or changing the data/programmes can be reduced. But it never can prevent become!
          In doubt I would not open this web site or also e-mail always.Youe can for the restoration of the system with the current data stock use do the time more appropriately.
          Wolf

Comment

thanks very much for your help Wolf

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              I clicked on a web page and up came this huge warning box and a graph and a red line started to run across it ,then it supposedly identified trojans and all sorts and told me my pc was running ever so slow and to scan my pc with a programme it produced again supposedly from Windows ???
              I was very suspicious of this especially as it would not let me decline
              I finally got out of it and am running a full scan on Kaspersky but would like to know if this was one of those spoof things has anybody heard of Zguard
              WARNING:
              ANY 'pop-up' that says you have a virus or that you have spyware that is NOT from your own installed anti-virus or anti spyware application MUST be ignored.
              This is how spyware DOES get onto your PC, as it encourages you to install their software that claims to fix a fake problem, but in fact is installing a Trojan/spyware application when you do it.

HowStuffWorks "How You Get Spyware"

I teach systems security to A Level students and it amazes me how many of them are ignorant to the risks.

:xmas_sign:

The most recent ones (this month) go by the names of:
              Sysdefence
              TheDefend
              System Adware Scanner 2010
              GuardPCs
              Internet Security 2010
              SiteAdware
              AntiTroy
              Antivirus Live

All these writers of thses do is rename them and populate websites with the pop-up warnings to scare people into installing these programs.
              Collegue at my college did just that today and now her laptop has all our anti-virus disabled, and we detected three attempts to access our network via her laptop via remote means.
              ZGuard is not on the current list of known fake scams, but I bet it soon will be
              Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 17-12-09, 22:34. Reason: added short list of programs

Researching:
              FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks Trevor I did have the sense not to click on it but it would not let me close the programme down took ages
                The graph looked so realistic too

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  Thanks Trevor I did have the sense not to click on it but it would not let me close the programme down took ages
                  The graph looked so realistic too
                  Sometimes these sites produce a list of previous files or previous pages visited, via a quick scan of your browser application, they then use this to convince you that their warning is true.

For a better understanding, read this article
                  Misleading Applications - Rogue Antispyware - Smithfraud Anti-Spyware Removal | Norton
                  :xmas_biggrin:

Researching:
                  FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

your right there Trevor it did look convincing, so much so I did a thorough scan again.

Comment

Val how did you manage too close it down hope you don't mind me asking.

Belle

Comment

hyer Belle , I tried everything went to Task Manger and tried to stop it from there but it wouldn't ,in fact every time I tried I got another one appear in the Task manager ,I tried clicking on the X at the top right hand side of the page nothing happened, tried right clicking on the Task bar to close it ????
                        Finally a box came up asking if I really wanted to cancel or continue
                        It was very craftily written and I finally managed it
                        Have since done a full scan and touch wood all seems well ?
                        Why did you ask ???

Comment

As I remember something similar happened to me ages ago I do remember the "task bar" same thing happened to me with that but dont remember how I got out of it I know it tooks ages and ages .thanks for the reply.

Bella

Comment

Working...
                          X