No announcement yet.

Please decipher my Hart... ATTACHMENT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please decipher my Hart... ATTACHMENT.

Well the rumor is out that the FTF members are pretty good at deciphering just about anything.
    So I have a little challenge for you.
    It is a photocopy of the real thing.
    Three or four friends have given it a try and the results are fairly mixed.
    The witnesses are a real bone of contention.

Thank you for giving your time, it is appreciated.
    Regards, Hawk.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hawk; 17-12-09, 23:10. Reason: upsize attachments.
    Kind words bring no blisters on the tongue that speaks them, nor on the ear that hears them.
    Spurgeon.

Hi Hawk,
    I've given it a try....but as the certificate is so small, it was very difficult to read. The names i've made out are Gershon Leopold Hart
    Benjamin Hart
    Matilda Hart
    The one I've got real trouble with is M? Albion/Albown????

I once had a difficult name to read and managed to decipher it by laying some tracing paper on top and then writing over the top of the handwriting. Suddenly I had her name.

Hope I've helped even a little.
    "chasing dead rellies"
    GO STORM

Comment

Having trouble making anything out!
      Unfortunately when you attach an image to your post, the image size is reduced and therefore makes it more difficult to read.
      It is far better to upload the image to an external site such as Photobucket and then provide a link to the image.
      Elaine

Comment

Sorry, I tried but its too small and needs to be a better resolution.

Anne

Comment

Too small for me too, sorry

Comment

Hawk - I've put into my Corel photo printshop - and am working on making it clearer - for a start I would say the first name is Gaston Leopold

I'll come back if I can clarify it more. :xmas_smile:
            Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

Hawk

If you could clarify what the heading say it would be good - if anything the handwriting's easier than the column headings!

I would say definitely Gaston Leopold Hart

Fathers name: Benjamin Hart aged 32 of London

(4th col) R.King and looks like age 2 weeks and weight of 8 pounds? ounces

(Mother)Can't read Forename/ Abown

(6th col) Matilda Lord (or Ford) of 12 Lower C(r)omton Street, London

(Witnesses) Mrs? Abown and Mr? Abown

(Last col) Can't read the name - but think: 21st November..... Sydney

That's the best I can do, but having the col headings would help. :xmas_smile:
              Last edited by Dubonnet lady; 17-12-09, 13:56.
              Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

Hi - I got;
                Gershon Leopold (2 weeks?)
                Benjamin Hart - father - aged 32 - London (poulter? as in butcher)
                Married in Great Synagogue on 10th January - with a poss cert no and 2 males and 2 females - not sure what that would mean...1875
                Matilda Solomon - mother - aged 27 - born London
                Informant - Matilda Hart, mother, 12 Lower Campbell Street
                Witnesses - very hard to read -
                Mr Gershon? Mr Charles? and
                Mr Israel, Mr Graine or Mr Isaacs - something ending with an e?
                21st December 1883

Comment

Gershon Hart

Originally posted by kes_hill View Post
                  Hi Hawk,
                  I've given it a try....but as the certificate is so small, it was very difficult to read. The names i've made out are Gershon Leopold Hart
                  Benjamin Hart
                  Matilda Hart
                  The one I've got real trouble with is M? Albion/Albown????

I once had a difficult name to read and managed to decipher it by laying some tracing paper on top and then writing over the top of the handwriting. Suddenly I had her name.

Hope I've helped even a little.
                  Sorry Kes, I've tried to up size but just can't see how. I see how useless the size is. It concerned me at upload. But if you w`ant to contact me at Email addy removed for safety reasons I'll send an attachment.
                  Regards, Hawk
                  PS. Go those Storm boys.

If you want to contact Hawk please use the PM (private messaging) system
                  Last edited by Darksecretz; 18-12-09, 11:15. Reason: removal of email addy, for safety.
                  Kind words bring no blisters on the tongue that speaks them, nor on the ear that hears them.
                  Spurgeon.

Comment

Gershon Hart

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                    Having trouble making anything out!
                    Unfortunately when you attach an image to your post, the image size is reduced and therefore makes it more difficult to read.
                    It is far better to upload the image to an external site such as Photobucket and then provide a link to the image.
                    Sorry and thank you. I'll look into Photobucket. Hawk
                    Spurgeon.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                      Sorry, I tried but its too small and needs to be a better resolution.

Anne
                      Sorry.
                      Spurgeon.

Comment

Gershon Hart

Originally posted by Dubonnet lady View Post
                        Hawk - I've put into my Corel photo printshop - and am working on making it clearer - for a start I would say the first name is Gaston Leopold

I'll come back if I can clarify it more. :xmas_smile:
                        No, I'll have to make the correction it is Gershon Leopold Hart, certain of that.
                        His mum was Matilda, father Benjamin, and he was born 1883 Sydney NSW.
                        Regards, Hawk
                        Spurgeon.

Comment

Ok, Job done, please go to GershontLeopoldHartBirthCert1883.jpg picture by Hawk123_album - Photobucket

and you will find an up sized copy of the birth certificate. Your help greatly appreciated, Ray
                          Spurgeon.

Comment

Ray you dont need to add it like that when you put a photo in there upload it and when you put mouse over it a drop down list will appear on there is a img code right click and copy that that ,
                            come onto here right click and paste like this

Last edited by borobabs; 18-12-09, 00:31.
                            borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Gershon Hart

Originally posted by borobabs View Post
                              Ray you dont need to add it like that when you put a photo in there upload it and when you put mouse over it a drop down list will appear on there is a img code right click and copy that that ,
                              come onto here right click and paste like this

Well done Borobabs. It looks like we have both been beavering away. I now have it available on Photobucket.
                              Regards, Hawk.
                              Spurgeon.

Comment

Good lad lot easier when you know how babe , I must go to bed so night now
                                borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Okay hawk, this is what I've got so far...

11th Novemver 1883, Sydney

Gershon Leopold, not present, male

Benjamin Hart, ?, 32, London

10th February/January , Great Synagogue, London, 2 males, 2 females, living

Matilda Hart, 27, London

Matilda Hart, mother, 12 Lower Campbell Street

Mr Anshue?, Mr Gervis

E MacM????, 21st December, Sydney.

I'll keep working on those illegible names for you.
                                  Kes...Go Storm!!
                                  "chasing dead rellies"
                                  GO STORM

Comment

Originally posted by kes_hill View Post
                                    Okay hawk, this is what I've got so far...

11th Novemver 1883, Sydney

Gershon Leopold, not present, male

Benjamin Hart, ?, 32, London

10th February/January , Great Synagogue, London, 2 males, 2 females, living

Matilda Hart, 27, London

Matilda Hart, mother, 12 Lower Campbell Street

Mr Anshue?, Mr Gervis

E MacM????, 21st December, Sydney.

I'll keep working on those illegible names for you.
                                    Kes...Go Storm!!
                                    Ok it seems once again we are "great minds". I to have had closer look and this is what I believe ...........
                                    The Latest.
                                    I've dug out the magnifying glass and this is my transcription for personal knowledge and the glass .........

COL.1 / Reg 9684.
                                    COL.2 / DOB 11/11/1883 on Sunday. 12 Lower Campbell St. Surrey Hills, Sydney.
                                    COL.3 / Name Gershon Leopold.
                                    COL.4/ Male
                                    COL.5/ Father. Benjamin Hart, Poulter, 32, London.
                                    COL.6/ Marriage. 10 Jan. 1875, Great Synagogue London, 2males 2 females [family]
                                    COL. 7/ Mother. Matilda Solomon 27 London.
                                    COL. 8/ Informant. Matilda Hart 12 Lower Campbell Street
                                    COL.9/ Witnesses. Mrs. An....? Mrs. Ga...i?
                                    COL.10/ Registrar. Signature illeg. 21 Dec.1883 Sydney.

So those wretched witnesses are still unknown.
                                    I googled the address on Google Earth it is a tiny little house in amongst factories. Still trying to get a closer look.

Hawk
                                    Last edited by Hawk; 21-12-09, 00:03. Reason: Minor correction
                                    Spurgeon.

Comment

Working...
                                    X