Power Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Point

I find that after saving an image sent to me by email into Power Point that when I backup to my external hard drive I get a message that says:-

Do you wish to copy this without its properties or skip backup. (words like that). What does this mean? Is it that I do not have the original programme and does it mean that I would not be able to view it on another PC?
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

That's normal if you are copying from ntfs to fat. NTFS includes many more file attributes than fat32 has.
    The copy will couse you to lose NTFS file Permission another property is compression that is only available on NTFS disks

regards
    Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

rbere,

Very kind of you to reply but regret that I do not understand computer jargon. I use old english. All I reconise is Fat 32 which I have on my PC.
      I think you are saying to me that I would not be able to copy this image to another PC from my external HD. Should I skip these files or tick the box as the case maybe.
      I hope you do not mind my asking you again in this way.
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi Margaret,

Tick the "Do you wish to copy this without its properties", don't skip, and your file should be copied across.

You can always check that it has been copied to the destination as well, just to make sure.

Comment

As Johns say's you can just tick and continue ;However make sure you have a copy of the original content. if for any reason the transfer to your external drive lacks some content then all is not lost.

Fat32 and NTFS are just different way's a hard drive stores its information

The normal file system is NTFS (you can check by right clicking on you C drive and selecting properties)

Some external drives are FAT32 and as such prompt the warning

Regards Roy
          Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Working...
          X