melton mowbray help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• melton mowbray help

i have the following children of thomas ingle and elizabeth beet, all born in melton mowbray:

mary b.1799, william b.1801, jane b.1803, elizabeth b.1805, martha b.1808, thomas b.1810, and george b.1813.

i can find none in the census. george married in 1834 to sarah bilson, in london an elizabeth ingle being witness. he is in st george hanover square till his death in the 1880's. all the rest just vanish. no census, no marriages on the igi, no obvious deaths. i think there is a tree on ancestry that has the deaths for thomas and his wife elizabeth in melton mowbray during the 1830's.

can anyone see any of this family?

hiya kyle this could be william, dont forget that the ages were rounded in the 41 census

- Ancestry.co.uk

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 588; Book: 1; Civil Parish: Melton Mowbray; County: Leicestershire; Enumeration District: 1; Folio: 13; Page: 19; Line: 10; GSU roll: 438741.

he is an ag lab.. and living alone.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

thank you for that julie. now why couldnt i find that? :xmas_laugh:

Comment

sometimes less is more Kyle..

not having much luck with the rest of them though.
        Julie

Comment

there is only one ingle death in melton mowbray.........william ingle in 1848.
          im thinking they all died before 1841, though whether it was london or melton mowbray i have no idea.

Comment

there is a Thomas Ingle Burial @ MM in 1824 aged 16... the age is a little bit out for your thomas but it might be him. The william that you have found a death for doesnt state an age on the burial index I have. (and there arent any other ingles that match.)

praps try Ing** or Ingall, Ingells, Ingold.. have seen a few of them.

I did see a Sarah Ingle Marriage though, in MM but you dont have her listed, but maybe she is a cousin or somesuch.

SARAH INGLE - International Genealogical Index
            Gender: Female Marriage: 09 OCT 1823 Melton Mowbray, Leicester, England

source: Hugh Wallis. (if you click on her name it should give spouse)
            Julie

Comment

Kyle, not sure if this will help, i have Inglehearn in my tree, who sometimes dropped the Ingle off the name and then added it back later on.

Sylvia
              Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
              Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
              Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

thank you for those julie, im sure they fir somewhere. and ozzie, thanx for the tip, not sure if it is the same thing, but it will probably be handy.

Comment

Hi Kyle,

I've found four Ingle burials in Melton Mowbray:

Thomas Ingle, buried 5 February 1824, aged 66
                  Elizabeth Ingle, buried 25 May 1831, aged 64
                  Thomas Ingle, buried 12 May 1824, aged 16
                  William Ingle, buried 5 Mar 1848, no age given.

I assume the first two are the parents, and the others are two of their children (the same ones that Julie found).
                  Last edited by Mary from Italy; 15-12-09, 13:20.

Comment

wow, thank you mary! so i guess the daughters were all married then. thought here is nothing on the igi. maybe they married in london? i always wondered why george went to london. that means it was his sister elizabeth who witnessed his marriage.
                    Last edited by kylejustin; 15-12-09, 13:32.

Comment

Working...
                    X