Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genes Reunited favour required

Hi,

Not been on here in ages, but I am just getting back into family history after finishing my MSc. I hope this is in the right place!

I have a contact on GR who is reporting that she cannot see some relatives in my tree I know are there. I have even given her all of the details as I have typed them (spelling etc) and got her to search and they do not show up, but a general search of all of GR brings them back (that's how she contacted me in the first place).

I have looked at my tree and the particular relative is definately there.

Could someone with a GR subscription do me a big favour and request to view my tree and check this out? If you PM me I will give you the details so you can find me.

Regards
    Peter
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Have sent you a message Pete.

Gwyn
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

Have you got your tree on there as "hide living relatives" if so all relatives under 100 (i think)without a death date can`t be seen

Sylvia
      Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
      Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
      Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Thanks to Oscar, I now have a reproducable concrete situation to contact GR support with.

I have living relatives hidden from general searches, but not from those I have given tree access to........ or at least that's how I thought it was set up!
        Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
        Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
        Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
        Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
        Devine in Ireland

Comment

Not set up that way i`m afraid, general searches will find your hidden relatives, but not be able to see them in your tree, by those given access.

Sylvia
          Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
          Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
          Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X