Stephen John Fuller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen John Fuller

Hello, I wonder if there is anyone who can help please .Stephen John Fuller was born in Wandsworth/Croydon 1904 .I now have on access to the 1911 census so can some one please help by finding out if his father was John and Mother was Frances,or Fanny as she was sometimes called. I need to track Stephen's marriage if I can :xmas_cool:
    Thanks
    Sheila walking cat.gif
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

I will be away for 1 hour watching Dr Who Sorry
    Sheila

Comment

This looks the most promising marriage Sheila -

Stephen J Fuller - to Norah R Spring - Oct-Nov-Dec 1927 - Croydon - Surrey
      Ref 2a 725
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Have found some possible children of that marriage to see if it gives you a clue. I will PM them to you as they could still be alive.

Comment

I haven't got credits I'm afraid but on 1911 the most likely Stephen J Fuller aged 7 is living in Croydon Surrey and these people appear to be in the same household -

EDITH M F 1902 9
          ELIZA 1871 40
          GEORGE F 1908 3
          JOHN AUTHEE 1872 39 (My guess would John Arthur)
          NELLIE L 1900 11

Eliza is nothing like Francis or Fanny though
          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 14-12-09, 10:55.

Comment

I have tried putting Stephen with a Francis or Fanny and the only one that comes up is a Stephen Charles aged 9 in Wandsworth.
            I will check who else is in that household.

This is what comes up with Stephen Charles Fuller aged 9 in Wandsworth -

ANNIE FRANCES 1891 20
            ELLEN 1893 18
            LILLIAN EMILY 1898 13
            MARY ANN ALICE 1895 16

That doesn't seem right with the ages - no adult? Will go and check again.
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 14-12-09, 10:50.

Comment

Do you have any idea how old Frances would be please? There are several possible Frances coming up with a John in the house - just not a Stephen.

Comment

Is the Stephen John Fuller Birth that you mentioned this one? I can't see one in 1904 - And do you know that he is yours>

Births Dec 1903 - FULLER Stephen John Wandsworth 1d 660

Comment

Hi Chrissie. thank you for that I'll have a look see. John Fuller born 1865 and died 1906 and Frances Amelia Fuller nee Souter Born 1867 died 1930, remarried and her name changed to Fanny Joy. As far as I can tell, he's mine,but I have no GRO certificats on him just his mother and father's BMD.
                  Sheila

Comment

Ahhhh right Sheila - so John won't be on the 1911. Off to have another look.

Comment

Sorry - I can't find a Frances or a Fanny anything with a Stephen in the household. When/where did Frances remarry the man named Joy?
                      p.s. It's ok - I've found the marriage
                      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 14-12-09, 12:27.

Comment

Right - found her in 1911 - details follow :xmas_laugh:

Comment

I have pm'ed you Chrissie
                          nite nite
                          sheila

Comment

Living Wandsworth - London

Fanny Amelia aged 42 (born c1869)
                            FLORENCE MAY 1902 9
                            JOHN EDWARD M 1873 38
                            JOHN EDWARD M 1905 6

These are all down as JOY.

Comment

Have replied Sheila - Night Night.

I think we had the wrong ones before as I didn't know that Frances/Fanny would be re married under another name.

Comment

If that is them in 1911 and the children are taking his name - this looks like John Edwards birth. There doesn't appear to be one for a John Edward Joy. Seems strange though if he happened to have both the same first names as his step father :xmas_confused:

Births Jun 1906 - Fuller John Edward Paddington 1a 29

Comment

And this could be Florence May birth -

Births Sep 1901 - Fuller Florence May Poplar 1c 561
                                  Though there is this one for Florence May Joy -
                                  Births Sep 1901 - JOY Florence May Southwark 1d 39

The nearest for John Edward Joy is this one but the year is a bit out -

Births Sep 1903 - Joy John Edward Southwark 1d 74

Something doesn't seem quite right here. I think we need someone with access to 1911 to check.

Comment

Good Morning Chrissie from a hot and steamy North Queensland. 6am here ---- I'll have a look see ,with all the names and dates you have given me I may be right and have to try for Stephen's BC, but that will have to wait until after Christmas.
                                    I hope you have a safe and Happy time
                                    Thanks again
                                    Sheila

Comment

You're welcome Sheila. All I would say though is this - if you are certain (from birth and marriage certificates etc) that the Fanny Amelia Fuller (she was born Fanny Amelia Souter you know, not Frances) that married the John Joy is yours - then, from the 1911 there doesn't appear to be a Stephen amongst the children. Only Florence May and John Edward. I would wait until you can see the full page on 1911 though before you order anything. For one thing it would be interesting to see whether they are listed as step children.

Where have you seen her as Frances by the way? Everywhere I have seen her i.e. Birth record and both marriages, she is Fanny. Also, how/where did you find her death in 1930? I have looked on two sites but can't find it.

Comment

Thats funny about the Frances/Fanny my grandmother was Fanny on all BMD records but she insisted she was Frances.Had to show one of my cousins her birth cert to prove she was in fact Fanny after Grandma's death of course.LOL

Comment

Working...
                                        X