X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish marriage - Tidball Help

Hi
    I wonder if anyone could help to solve the folowing:
    Marriage of Frederick George V. Tidball to Jessie Simpson.
    I believe it could have been around 1940 or 1941 at Dunfirmline Scotland.
    Love to find this out.

Tidders
    researching Tidball, Toovey, Manley, Fairchild, Courtier, Debois, McConchie, Wardlaw

Hi,
    You will be able to see the index for this marriage on the Scotlands People website.
    As the marriage is after 1933 you will not be able to see the actual marriage certificate image for reasons of privacy - I think 100 years for birth, 75 years for marriage and 50 years for death.
    Also, as it it fairly recent and the couple could still be living, I am not sure if I can look for you and post the information on this site.

If you want to look for this marriage then it would only cost you £6 to buy the minimum number of credits - 30 credits - and you would only use 1 credit to view the index.
    Normally you could use up lots of credits for a search but with an unusual name like Frederick Tidball you should find the correct one very easily.
    Good luck:xmas_sign:
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thanks Herky
      I know both Frederick and Jessie are no longer living, the last died in year 2000. I have narrowed it down now to 1940, so I need a date.
      I will check out the site.

Tidders
      researching Tidball, Toovey, Manley, Fairchild, Courtier, Debois, McConchie, Wardlaw

Comment

The index will only give you a year - not day and month.
        You could get the marriage cert direct from GROS - General Register Office for Scotland - if you apply directly to them. I think it costs £10 for an official cert and it would be by post.
        Have a look at their site for more info.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thanks again. That will be a good option.

Tidders

Comment

I'll have a look for you tomorrow Tidders.

Comment

Hi Galloway Lass
              That would be fantastic and much appreciated if you could check that out for me.
              Sorry it has taken time to get back, but we live on opposite sides of the world.
              All the best
              tidders

Comment

I can't read the name of the road despite it being written 3 separate times! My best guess is in brackets.

1940 on the Twenty Fifth day of September at Holy Trinity Church, Dunfermline after Banns according to the Forms of the Episcopal Church in Scotland

Frederick George Victor Edward James Tidball, Steward RN, (Bachelor)
                Age 25
                Address: 58 [Riverton]? Road, Dunfermline
                Father: Lewis Victor Tidball, Housepainter
                Mother: Emma Louisa Tidball M.S. Newton

Jessie Simpson age 19
                Munition Worker, (Spinster)
                Age 19
                Address: 58 [Riverton]? Road, Dunfermline
                Father: Henry Simpson, Munition Worker
                Mother: Jane Simpson M.S. Drysdale

Officiating Minister: Robert Denholm, Rector of Holy Trinity Church, Dunfermline
                Witness: George Drysdale, 23 Sligo Street, Dunfermline
                Witness: Elizabeth Simpson, 58 [Riverton]? Road, Dunfermline

Just in case you need it;
                Jessie was born 25 September 1920 at 20 Engine Row, Hill of Beath, Cowdenbeath, Fife

Comment

Galloway Lass
                  I can't thank you enough for this info. It has taken me a couple of years to get this as it has always been the missing link in my research. Also the info on Jessie and her family will set the ball rolling again, as I did not have much on her.:xmas_sign:
                  tidders:xmas_biggrin:

Comment

Working...
                  X