No announcement yet.

Trying to delete space under signature.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to delete space under signature.

I'm trying to delete the space under my signature, but not having any luck. Can you tell me what to do please?
    jood sadly died in November 2019.

There is no space as such under your signature. It only appears that there is as your avatar takes up more room than your post.

I expect if you posted something which was deeper than your avatar, then you would see that there is nothing under your signature! Try it and see!!
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine, I was told to make my signature smaller. The Avatar is about the same size as yours. I see what you mean tho. Should I make the Avatar smaller then.

Comment

No your avatar is fine, as is your signature.

We do have guidelines for signature size which helps keeps images and lines of text to an acceptable level.
        There is a limit on image size and the number of text lines - details can be found in our Ts & Cs.
        Elaine

Comment

Actually I didnt touch the signature, its pretty small already, but I had a list of ancestors underneath, plus a teeny weeny mouse pic - so have got rid of them

Comment

You can have an image up to 100px in height and 500px width and then add two lines of text underneath if you want to list your research names.
            Elaine

Comment

If I put it back up again Elaine, can you bring into size, as Im not familiar with pixels.

Comment

Yes - pop it back up and I´ll check it out.
                Elaine

Comment

I can now see where it's too big - I'll have to take the meece out :xmas_frown:

Comment

Right - what you have there is actually three separate images -all linked to Photobucket.
                    If you right click on each one in turn and select properties you can see the size of them.
                    The mouse one is 100px x 80px, the Jood signature is 55px x 47px and the third one (text listing) is 446pxx138 px.

The maximum limit for images is 500px (width) x 100 px (height) so the first two images, if they were next to each other, would be fine. The third one is too large.

You could use image 1 and/or image 2, and then add two lines of text with your research names.

Does that make sense?
                    Elaine

Comment

Yes, it makes sense Elaine - I'll have a fiddle with it later tonight lol - thanks for your help.

Comment

John this is a better signature (tho bigger) - it was on another computer. I'll send the other stuff in a minute when I go upstairs.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here are the other two - full size (they were reduced in photobucket)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X