Alvina Pearce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alvina Pearce

I am looking for Alvina Pearce in 1901 census , I've found her with her family in the others it's just in the 1901 and 1911 that I can't find her.

Info I have is,
    Alvina Pearce (nee Neal)born 1854 in Heanor Derbyshire

Married to Joseph(1851) in 1872.

Died 1926 in the county asylum Mickleover County of Derby.

I would be grateful for any help

Thanks
    Georgy:smilee:

Hi,
    There is a Joseph Pearce with daughter Alvina in the 1901.
    Joseph Pearce b c 1952, Heanor.

- Ancestry.co.uk

Rg 13
    p 3133
    f 78
    p 58

No sign of Avina senior yet.

EDIT - Joseph listed as married not widowed
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

There is a female patient in Derby County Asylum, Mickleover. Named as A P aged 46 and a coalminer's wife born Langley Mill which sadly could be her

- Ancestry.co.uk
      Jackie

Comment

Yes that is her husband and daughter, the family are together in 1911 and Joseph is listed as married but Alvina senior is not there.

Comment

Thank you Jackie I will take a look

Comment

Thank you both for looking.
            Sadly it seems likely that it is Alvina on the 1901 as a patient.
            Many thanks Jackie.

Comment

Jackie - It may be possible to get her asylum records.
              I have done that for a relative of mine. There was a 100 year confidentiality closure for mine but I managed to get the early records. With your dates you may be able to get her admission forms and ward notes etc, if they exist.
              Worth looking into as they can be quite detailed and very interesting.
              Good luck.
              herky
              Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Herky, How would I find out if I could get the records- who would I have to contact?

Comment

My relative was in Scotland and the hospital archive was held by the local university. However a good starting point may be the Health Authority for the particular area you are interested in. Perhaps someone else could help that knows the area better. Of course, why don't you try "googling" Derby County Asylum Archive or records and see what you can turn up.
                  Check the Wiki here also just in case there is some useful info or links.
                  I hope you find something:xmas_biggrin:
                  herky

Comment

Thanks again

Comment

Derbyshire Record Office may have her file:

The National Archives | Search the archives | Hospital Records| Details

Comment

Georgy

try emailing them from this site.. I have emailed them and found them most helpful

Derbyshire County Council - Record office
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Mary and Julie I will try those, It would be great if I could find something about her.

Comment

no probs, do let us know if you do have any success won't you?

:xmas_sign:
                            Julie
                            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Yes I will

Comment

Working...
                              X