FTM 2010 Platinum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2010 Platinum

Having looked through the threads i have chosen to purchase This product. Could someone explain what the 6 month essentials means. Installation is asking for registration ok but is also asking for my bank details, not sure if this is a trial then buy product or 12 mnth contract with 6 month free. Info is somewhat confusing.

Regards
    Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Ancestry work on a system whereby they do not allow free or trial subscriptions without taking your bank details so that they can get the money out of you when the trial or free sub is up.

What I presume is happening is that when you activate the six month free Essentials package subscription which came with the software, Ancestry is taking your bank details so that it can continue your sub after the six month period. This is normal!

What you need to do is to remember that you have given them your bank details, and should you wish to cancel at the end of the 6 month freebie then you will need to contact them and cancel your subscription.

The Essentials package is the basic package which, according to the Ancestry website, includes the following:
    • English and Welsh Birth, Marriage & Death indexes 1837-2005
    • UK Census records 1841-1901
    • The largest online collection of British World War One military records
    • The British Phone Books and newspaper records
    Elaine

Comment

If you are concerned at all there is a UK freephone number for Ancestry:
      0800 404 9723 (free phone). Our available hours are Monday through Friday from 09:00 GMT to 19:00 GMT, and Saturday from 09:00 GMT to 17:00 GMT.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks guy's I'm all way's a little concerned when it comes to giving out my bank details. I also don't like the idea of the continual subscription idea, as this gives them permission to deduct the subscription even if the issue number changes and i guess they don't send you a renewal notice.

Ok will give them a ring to verify the situation.

Regards
        Regards Roy

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

They do send you a reminder when your subscription is due for renewal ... but it's also worth keeping an eye on it yourself!
          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            They do send you a reminder when your subscription is due for renewal ... but it's also worth keeping an eye on it yourself!

Thanks Elaine just had a chat and have been reassured as to what the 6mnths represents. He also confirmed that reminders are sent prior to renewal.

Many thanks Roy:xmas_sign:
            Regards Roy

Comment

Working...
            X