help finding in 1901 please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help finding in 1901 please

I am trying to find Caroline Wyatt once she married, George Thomas Boyce, she should be on the 1901 census but I cannot find them.

They married on 10/11/1895 in Stepney, he was 32, printer, his father was a tea cooper called William. Caroline was born in 1860 in Spitalfields London and I have her on all the census returns before she married.

The witness's of the marriage were Fredereck Wyatt which I know is Caroline brother as her father was deceased and Alice Boyce.
    Has anyone time to look a fresh pair of eyes sometimes helps.
    GWEN

I have found this one.. but his occupation isnt right.

- Ancestry.co.uk

Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 1591; Folio: 152; Page: 26
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks I've seen that one but Caroline was Caroline Ann Wyatt so not sure where the f comes in. I am just looking for a death of either of them to see if that is why I cannot find them. I've been looking on the 1911 census to give me clues also but no luck so far.
      :xmas_sign:
      GWEN

Comment

There's a death in Mile End in Q/E March 1896 - Caroline Ann Boyce aged 36
        Jackie

Comment

snap I was just looking at that one and thinking um could be the one its possible. So I started to look for another marriage for George as it might help me decide its her.!
          GWEN

Comment

I think she died Gwen

Enable Cookies - Ancestry.co.uk
            Julie

Comment

There's a George Thomas Boyce in 1911 in Camberwell born c 1863 who is a printer. I don't have access to 1911 but he seems to be living with Henry John (30) and Lillian Hannah Eliza Boyce (29) and Lilian Emily (3).

I think Henry is his brother. Haven't had any luck finding either of them on 1901 yet to confirm George is a widower
              Jackie

Comment

Do you know who his mother was Gwen?

I think I might have found a Thomas George with his mother and siblings but not sure?

occupation Printer.

- Ancestry.co.uk

Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 364; Folio: 6; Page: 3.

Julie

Comment

Hi had to go out only just returned thanks for all your help. Unfortunately I do not know the name of George's mother only his father from his MC. I have not been able to find his birth record but did consider a Thomas George I found with same year of birth with a father called William but not sure as when I found them on a census the father's occupation was not a tea cooper.

I am going to look at everything again regarding George because I believe that is my Caroline that died.
                  Thanks again for all your help its given me food for thought.
                  GWEN

Comment

When I search the 1911 census the occupation does not come up in the search details can you tell me how you know that please.

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                    There's a George Thomas Boyce in 1911 in Camberwell born c 1863 who is a printer. I don't have access to 1911 but he seems to be living with Henry John (30) and Lillian Hannah Eliza Boyce (29) and Lilian Emily (3).

I think Henry is his brother. Haven't had any luck finding either of them on 1901 yet to confirm George is a widower
                    GWEN

Comment

I put 'printer' in the occupation box in advanced search. That way I knew that any George Boyces that came up would be printers. (That only works if you think someone will not have changed their occupation, but I figured that printer is often a job for life)
                      Jackie

Comment

Thanks for that I've never used the advanced searches up until I've been lucky enough to find who I want but going to look at that in future
                        :xmas_wink:

.:xmas_sign:
                        GWEN

Comment

Working...
                        X