X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my first death in a Ambulance!!!

Was quite surprised to see when and where died
    In Ambulance on way to St Andrews Hospital :F

I'm surprised too, I didn't think people were allowed to "die" unless a doctor had pronounced death, which happens when they get to the hospital.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

maybe they revive them special for the doc to examine them ??? I was surprised too

Comment

In the hospital that I worked in, if a patient died in the ambulance then the doctor from the casualty department would go out to the ambulance to pronounce the death as DOA - dead on arrival. The deceased would then be taken straight to the mortuary.
        Of course I would have no idea what would have been entered on the cert.
        Very sad way to go though, poor soul.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

he had died of Cardiac failure and chronic nephritis so I suppose the ambulance men could not revive him ??

Comment

Val-what year are you working on?

Comment

Like Nell, I thought that only a Doctor could pronounce that someone was dead.

As ambulances are not allowed to carry dead people, life cannot be pronounced extinct until they get to a hospital/doctor.

OC

Comment

its fairly recent 1940

Comment

Ah, but it's pre-National Health, so I suppose you could die in a private ambulance!

OC

Comment

LOL OC thats okay then

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      maybe they revive them special for the doc to examine them ??? I was surprised too
                      Val, you always make me laugh - even when its a serious thread:xmas_wink::xmas_laugh:
                      Jacky

Comment

I'm naughty I always find things funny cant help it LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X