Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The face of a missing child

Hi

not sure if anyone remembers, but last year we were contacted by a company in Australia about my nans brother who she knew of but never actually knew. The inheritance was all sorted and led us to Barnados. Barnardos have recently sent us all the information, and although sad (he was sent out to beg, presumably for himself) my great nan and her new husband (my great grandad but not Walter's father) wanted nothing really to do with him so were quite happy for Barnado's to take him. Apparently he had some "dirty habits" (which to be honest was probably quite true seeing as they all slept in one room and my g nan had another 2 year old illegitimate child and a 2 month old with my g grandad) although while in hospital being checked out they could see none and said he could turn out to be a lovely boy. I actually believe that going to Barnardo's really was the best thing for him as he seemed to turn into a great young man, and I thought you might want to see a pic

Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

What a lovely photo! - and what a sweet face!

Thank you for sharing.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks for sharing this. Dr Barnado really saved some children from awful lives.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

what a lovely face, but a bit of 'just william' maybe lol

Comment

What a lovely young boy he looked. How sad though. Glad he turned out into a great young man. Thanks for showing him.:smilee:
          Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

A really lovable little scamp!!

Comment

Working...
            X