No announcement yet.

Please please help wrong Cert again ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please please help wrong Cert again ???

I got a Death Cert today and not too sure its the right man again.

George Arthur Miller born 9/5/1899 Shoreditch Middlesex
    married a Maria Tomaselli in Kensington in 1935 but left her around 1946 not sure if they divorced she was a Catholic.

George last seen around Brixton in the 1960s living with a woman not believed to be his Wife but we are all sure she lived with him till his Death.

The only George or George Arthur Millers Death with a very near Birth date 10/5/1900 died in 1977 Southwark so thinking the date could be wrong and I was told this would cover Brixton I sent for it .

Says
    George Arthur Miller Birth 10/5/900 Stepney occupation Bank Messenger retired of 79 Thrush Street SE17
    Wife Florence Ellen Miller Widow same address

I have this niggling doubt although it does say born in Stepney which is just around the corner
    Have been trying to find a Marriage for him and her or a Birth for a George on that date ?

Have found a Death for a Florence Ellen Miller born 5/1/1909 died 1986 In Sutton Surrey which could be her ?
    Can anybody find a Marriage or tell me if they think this could be the right one ??

There's this marriage which looks the only likely one between 1946-1976

Florence E Mathews married George A Miller
    Apr-May-Jun 1960 Southwark
    Volume Number: 5d
    Page Number: 967
    Hail Spode!

Comment

how did you find that Guy ??? that looks like the right Marriage wonder if thats the right George ??? so far not found a George Miller born in 1900 Stepney ??? thanks so much think I will have to send for that cert just to satisfy myself

Comment

I just did a seach for Florence E and spouse last name of Mill?r on Ancestry.

Re births, other than your one, I can only see an Arthur George b.1900 in Chelsea so you death cert seems likely although birth years on death certs aren't always right as I'm sure you know.
        Hail Spode!

Comment

yes I did know about birth dates not always being right even my Father's isnt ?? and I agree I cant find one other than him either ???and Chelsea is hardly Stepney is it ?? lol
          Thanks again

Comment

Hi Val

Do you have parents for your Charles Arthur Miller bn circa 1900 whose death cert you've been asking about above?

Only asking as there is a Charles Arthur Miller bn 1900 Hoxton on the very newest census with parents Charles and Celia Miller.

Living in M'E'O'T London at Duckett St'
            WendyP

Comment

hi Wendy thats him yes I do have his birth cert he was born in 1899 thanks for looking .
              Am so hoping this is the right one .

Comment

just realised I agreed with you Wendy without seeing you had put Charles Arthur Miller LOL

Anybody else with any ideas before I send for the marriage cert today ?? thanks

Comment

Val

My mistake the childs name is George Arthur Miller I got confused with seeing father's name as Charles.

:xmas_embarrassed:
                  WendyP

Comment

:xmas_eek:dont worry the whole family confuse me

Comment

Working...
                    X