PDF export not working since updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF export not working since updating

Using FTM 2006 on recently installed windows7, all seemed to have gone well, until I came to use the export file to Acrobat(PDF).

My family tree files are stored in a folder (FTW) in my documents.

Choosing the export entire file, the FTW file appears in the 'save in' dropdown box, showing the family files in that folder, which I can select which files to export as GEDCOM.

Choosing the export descendant tree to Acrobat(PDF) the same FTW file appears in the 'save in' drop down box, but the file appears to be empty and no family files are showing.
    I normally save the PDF files to my documents, which I tranfer to a USB stick, take it to the printer, who prints off the trees that I require.

Anyone any thoughts on this please?

When you installed FTM under Windows 7, did you install the patch which is required for Vista and Win7?

Family Tree Maker 2005, 2006 & 16 Update for Windows Vista & Windows 7

Note: the patch must be installed in the same folder as the FTM program.
    Elaine

Comment

pdf export

Hi Elaine, Many thanks for your welcome info', though unfortunately it has not cured my problem. Iv'e had a few attempts to no avail.
      My son bought me a ftm 2010 before he came round to help, so after no success with the patch, I installed the 2010 version, really hoping that the answer may lay in that direction, but no luck there, as it is 2010 in its own right.
      My initial reaction to the 2010 is that it is nowhere near as good as 2006, though I better get used to it, if that is the way I have to go.
      Is there any further solution that you can think of for the 2006?

Regards

pp

Comment

Working...
      X