Ancestry Birth Place 1851 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Birth Place 1851 problem

It is just me? I've just noticed I cant search for birth place/parish for the 1851 census using the old search (not sure about the new search). For instance if I just put Stratford in the parish/place field and nothing else, I get no results. :conf:

Does it work for anyone else?
    Hail Spode!

It´s been playing up for a few days now! :F
    Elaine

Comment

Ah right. I suddenly thought it had never worked and I'd not noticed somehow.
      Hail Spode!

Comment

I first noticed it over a week ago and emailed them but it's still not working and I've had no response. I know they don't like to receive follow-up emails but I sent a second one yesterday. I may be wrong but think the new search is working.
        Jenny

Comment

I'm glad its not just me! I've been searching for someone for several days and can get them by birthplace on all EXCEPT the 1851 census. Hopefully they have been notified of this problem?

I may be wrong but think the new search is working.
          Hope this isn't a sneaky way of getting us to change to the new search.

Anne

Comment

I've had an email from Ancestry saying they're aware of the problem and it's been referred to their researchers. They also say: "Please understand that fixes to errors on Ancestry are posted firstly in the order of those which affect the greatest number of users, and thereafter in the order in which they are reported. For this reason, fixes for some errors may take longer than others to be posted. We appreciate your patience".
            Perhaps they are trying to get us to use the new search facility...
            Jenny

Comment

Thought the problem was just with me !-I reckoned they were trying to get us all to upgrade---which I would love to,really need to but can't afford to !!!!!

Comment

There must be an error in the database search program.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                X