Ancestry Membership Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Membership Renewal

Once again it's time to renew my Ancestry membership and was shocked when I received my renewal email this week to find that for me to continute for another year will cost me £107.40, on checking to what I paid last year there is a increase of £27.00.
    I do understand that Ancestry have added a lot of extra data to their website over the last 6 months or so, with the new London data etc...
    But I do now feel that they could be out pricing themselves !!!:madd:........as I've probably only used a quarter of the data records that they hold. (new London one's being one of them)

Maybe I may just go for the pay-as-go option..........But still thinking of my options available (other websites)
    Steve.
    Researching;Fitzjohn:Crouch:Parker:Howlett ;)

It's only just over a couple of quid a week, and if you've got Londoners like me you'll be saving £7 on all those marriage entries, etc. I still think it's good value.

Comment

I have saved hundreds of pounds on the LMA stuff alone

Comment

well,just be quick and finish your tree this year-then you'll save lots of cash----mmm

Comment

Jill,Val,

It maybe because the membership is paid in one lump sum and not monthly as I have to persuade the other half that it's value for money..and that I could get a better deal with one of the other sites for the data that I require.

The other problem I have is that I have my DNA data linked to the site and if I don't renew I could loose that!.
          Steve.
          Researching;Fitzjohn:Crouch:Parker:Howlett ;)

Comment

dont know abut the DNA thingy Steve but its well worth the money especially if you have lots of London people which I do have .
            I am quite mad when I think of all the money spent on certs and now the baptisms are available and the wedding certs .
            I got my husband to treat me to a sub on FMP for xmas so suppose I will have to pay to renew Ancestry when it runs out .

Comment

You can get 25% cash back if you renew through TopCashBack, one of many online cash back web sites. Some have a small charge like quidco, but topcashback is totally free. I use them myself, and have saved quite a bit in online purchases.

Comment

Phone them and ask for a loyalty discount mention other sites give them I did last year and they gave me 20% discount.
                GWEN

Comment

Originally posted by Gwen@coggiecorner View Post
                  Phone them and ask for a loyalty discount mention other sites give them I did last year and they gave me 20% discount.
                  Gwen's absolutely right - give them a ring! I rang them because I wasn't happy with my renewal terms and they gave me a discount without quibbling. They don't want to lose your custom to a rival site.
                  Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Working...
                  X