FMP census images - Enhanced viewer problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP census images - Enhanced viewer problem

A few days ago I was happily viewing FMP census images. Half-way through the afternoon I was no longer able to use the enhanced viewer and now I have to use the slower version and the quality is very poor.

I have tried to download the enhanced viewer again, but I can't seem to get back to the previous situation.

What has my computer done to reverse my previous setting?
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

I'm the same Elizabeth, have no idea what I've done and like yourself, happened a couple of days ago. Wonder if there was a windows update then ?

Comment

At least I'm not alone! It is now taking ages for the images to load and they are tiny! I have to use the buttons to make the image larger.

I think there must have been some sort of update, but it's really annoying me, especially as I have let my Ancestry subscription lapse for a while.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Enhanced Viewer

A free browser download Firewall from Mozilla | Firefox web browser & Thunderbird email client had it sorted in seconds. Hope you have the same results.

pp

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I'm taking delivery of a new computer on Monday, so I'm holding fire until I see what the situation is with the new set-up. My old computer just can't cope any more!:xmas_frown:
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:

Comment

I don't think this is the same, but does anyone else have a conflict when trying to use DjVU via Safari (Version 4.0.4) on a Mac with OSX (v 10.6.2)?

I can't view the images at the moment. DjVU just closes itself, leaving an empty viewing window. That's rather disappointing when I have a subscription!

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Christine, I can't answer your question, but mine is resolved because I have had a new computer since Monday and everything is swimming along now!

I hope you get your problems resolved as it's infuriating not being able to view an image.
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:

Comment

In case anyone else has the same problem as I did...

OH spotted a message about DjVU and Safari on the FMP page (needless to say it didn't come up when he tried to show me!).

The solution was to switch Safari from the default setting to the alternative 32-bit.
                You need to go to the application itself, in the Applications folder, right-click in the icon, and tick the box in the "Get Info" window.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

He's found the links...

Caminova, Inc. - Download - DjVu Browser Plug-in (Free)

on the right hand side, there's a link:
                  Caminova, Inc. - Support
                  DjVu Browser Plug-in Does Not Work in Safari on Mac OS X 10.6
                  September 25, 2009
                  Version : 6.1
                  and then it goes on to explain the resolution.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                  X