Elaine

Comment

Thanks, could be - Would be from 1862 - London

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
        ? Stock broker apprentice
        I'd agree with that Elaine. :smilee:
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

There's been an alteration though! There is an initialled note somwhrere on the certificate - usually at the edge if it is a LMA certificate.

NO SORRY - JUST LOOKED AT THE ACTUAL IMAGE. Its just a number from the certificate on the opposing page which has transferred its ink across. The other mark is an aposrophe so ....
          stockbroker's apprentice.

Anne
          Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 07-12-09, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
            There's been an alteration though! There is an initialled note somwhrere on the certificate - usually at the edge if it is a LMA certificate.

Anne
            There appears to be a "274" in mirror-writing in the Rank/Profession slot. I'd infer that it's showing through from the previous page - or imprinted from the opposite page - and wouldn't relate to this record.

Christine

I could delete this - but Anne would need to delete her next post - or leave it so that the next post makes sense.
            Last edited by Christine in Herts; 07-12-09, 14:19.
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Sorry Christine you beat me to my edit!!!!
              Anne

Comment

Working...
              X