Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frances Oldershaw in 1841 Census, help needed

Hello

I have Frances Oldershaw (nee Orchard) b. 1810 Stapleford, Nottm.

she marries George Oldershaw b.1809 Stapleford, Nottm (1833 @ Stapleford)

they have 3 children, by the time of the 1841 census.

Ann/Hannah b.1834 Stapleford
    Sidney b.1836 Stapleford
    George b. 1840 Stapleford

I cannot find mother and children in 1841 at all, I think I have found George sr, but he is living alone :conf: @ Stapleford and is a Lace maker.

I know that they Emigrate to USA Connecticut in 1848 so should be on the 1841

ref for george:
    Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 861; Book: 11; Civil Parish: Stapleford; County: Nottinghamshire; Enumeration District: 18; Folio: 23; Page: 6; Line: 19; GSU roll: 438907.

- Ancestry.co.uk

any help greatfully appreciated

thanks
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Check this one out Julie - first names fit!

Tomlinson family - - Ancestry.co.uk
    HO107; Piece 861; Book: 11; Civil Parish: Stapleford; County: Nottinghamshire; Enumeration District: 18; Folio: 22; Page: 4; Line: 13;
    Elaine

Comment

oooooh that does look possible, as we know that the 41 doesnt give realtionships I wonder if she was lodging there and has got given his surname by mistake?

:conf:
      Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
        oooooh that does look possible, as we know that the 41 doesnt give realtionships I wonder if she was lodging there and has got given his surname by mistake?

:conf:
        Names, ages and place seems to be what you are looking for - I would agree possibly recorded wrongly.
        Elaine

Comment

well i have done a quick look to see if i can find them later 51 onwards and nothing, but matthew may have married and have his own family by this time. (ones i have found might be him)

so i think you are right Elaine, and they have been given the wrong name. (it dont help that she dies in 1860 neither) but I have the family consistantly mangled in Connecticut too..lol
          Julie

Comment

Working...
          X