Really could do with some ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really could do with some ideas

I wrote to Dr Barnados asking about Sisters who were sent to Canada as their Father had died in 1892
    The girls were taken in 1899 and sent to Canada in 1900 .
    The letter also states that at the time their Mother Emily Muller nee Kemp has another half sibling called Thomas aged about 3 living in 24 Cambridge Circus near Cambridge Heath.
    Cannot find this address either in 1901 or 1911
    Have been trying to find a child by that name in the 1901 or 1911 Census either by himself or with his Mother or Parents as she may have remarried.
    She may have called herself Miller and not Muller .
    Any ideas what else to look for ?? I did start looking through the War Pensions records yesterday in case he joined up.
    I cannot find her Death as I'm not sure what name she was using .

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    ...<snip> ...
    The letter also states that at the time their Mother Emily Muller nee Kemp has another half sibling called Thomas aged about 3 living in 24 Cambridge Circus near Cambridge Heath.
    ...<snip> ...
    So that would be a half-brother to the mother? Possibly Thomas KEMP, but not if the "half" were by her mother and a different husband, rather than by her father and a different wife. Do you have any info about how the half-relationship happened? - i.e. whether his surname could have been Kemp?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks for replying but I must have confused you Christine, Emily is the girls mother she is the one who had another child after her husband died in 1892 .
      No idea about the relationship at all, seems odd she gave her girls up but kept the boy????

Comment

I've managed to find 24 Cambridge Circus on 1901 but I can't see any likely people. It might be worth trawling through to see if they are nearby.

- Ancestry.co.uk
        Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          I wrote to Dr Barnados asking about Sisters who were sent to Canada as their Father had died in 1892
          The girls were taken in 1899 and sent to Canada in 1900 .
          Cannot find this address either in 1901 or 1911
          Have been trying to find a child by that name in the 1901 or 1911 Census either by himself or with his Mother or Parents as she may have remarried.
          She may have called herself Miller and not Muller .
          Any ideas what else to look for ?? I did start looking through the War Pensions records yesterday in case he joined up.
          I cannot find her Death as I'm not sure what name she was using .
          Is that the Cambridge Heath in Bethnal Green?

I live just up the road from there now :smilee:

Comment

thanks Jackie have trawled through most of them each side now and so far nothing, suppose she could have been in hiding so they did not take the baby too ??.
            Really Maggie ??? I used to live in Aldgate.

Comment

Trouble is they moved such a lot then (well my East Enders seemed to). What was the mother's birth year and place?
              Jackie

Comment

she was born 1857 in Regents Park St Pancras thanks for looking

Comment

Sorry Val, I'm getting nowhere with this
                  Jackie

Comment

Neither am I. :F

Comment

its nice of you to try Jackie dont worry I dare say she will suddenly appear like some others I have found recently
                      Just found one of her Daughters I'd been looking for she had committed bigamy by remarrying even though her Husband was still alive, a Brother moved in with another Mans Wife and took his identity ??? what a family ??

Comment

you too Maggie thanks for trying really appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                        X