English Parish records:Yorkshire (west riding) cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Parish records:Yorkshire (west riding) cd

Does any one know where I can get hold of a copy of this C.D. I decided that I would add to my list for father Christmas as I have a lot of ancestors in this area. However, it would appear that ancestry are no longer producing these C.D's as they want people to pays subs to view them on line. There is a company which do the range near where I live in South Yorkshire for on line sales and my husband went to buy one as they will sell over the counter but they did not have any. There is another company promoting them on line who are based at knottingly but they wanted payment before it could be established whether they had any is stock. I have tried phoning then but can't get through so I am wondering if this company is to be trusted.

If any one else is thinking of getting one of these C.D's for the other areas it might be worth getting one sooner rather than later as once stocks have gone there wont be any more.

Sandra

I believe that Anguline Research Archives do a range of Yorkshire CDs.
    It is owned by one of the FTF members - Guy - might be worth looking on the website or contacting him to see if he has something which covers the area you are interested in.
    Elaine

Comment

Sandra

have you looked here??

S&N Genealogy Supplies - Software, UK Census and Data CDs

if you do a search for parish records, you can then specify Yorkshire and quite a few come up for sale. :smilee:
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi

Thank you for your responses. I have looked on both websites but can not find what I am looking for.

Sandra

Comment

Have yoy tried

Yorkshire Ancestors 2009
          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I think that there are quite a lot of Yorkshire parish register transcriptions on ... [goes off to look for bookmark!]

[found it!]
            Internet Archive Search: parish registers

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Try

they have a very comprehensive list of parish registers. Rotherham Bansley and many more.

goodyg.

Comment

Originally posted by goodygumdrops View Post
                Try

they have a very comprehensive list of parish registers. Rotherham Bansley and many more.

goodyg.
                I think that needs to be...

Yorkshire Parish Registers Home Page

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi, Thank you for your responses. I looked on the website and they certainly have a lot of c.d's that I am interested in the problem is that they are approximately 14.99 each. where as the c.d I really wanted was 29.99 and had numerous parish records for west and south Yorkshire.

May be after Christmas I will think about ordering one or two which will be of most help - probably one of the Leeds cd's.

Sandra

Comment

Sandra - in my small experience those CDs which seem 'good value' actually turn out to be not very good because they don't have complete sets of PRs from those parishes. They will have something for each parish listed but perhaps short date runs, or only marriages etc.

I've been disappointed but then when I've gone to look in the Archive I can see it is a seriously mammoth task for some West Yorkshire parishes!! One that I'm interested in is Silkstone. It used to be a huge parish including Doworth, parts of Barnsley and other villages. The records are massive and VERY difficult to read. I have been to Wakefield on several occasions and barely touched what I need to see. There never seem to be any CDs or transcriptions for Silkstone - and I know why!!!! :xmas_yes:

Anne

Comment

if you know what the cd is called sandra then have you had a look on Ebay?

it might be that someone on there has it up for sale??
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I've had a couple of items off e bay but this is the only one I can see there atm -
                        Genealogy CD - West Riding of Yorkshire 1837 Directory - White's Gazeteer and Directory.
                        There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Silkstone

There is a Silkstone CD on the yorkshireparishregisters.com site. It doesn't go up to the 1800s but covers a lot of the 1700s.

There is Barnsley as well

Joyma

Comment

Thanks, Joyma, I have a good idea why it doesn't go into the late 1700s and the 1800s!!! If someone eventually does it it will be well worth quite a large payment!

Anne

Comment

Working...
                            X