Bowskill born Lancaster 1861 and 1863 help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowskill born Lancaster 1861 and 1863 help please

Could someone go to Lancashire Births Marriages & Deaths and look up births for
    Bowskill and please explain the register of
    James Thomas b 1861 ....and
    Mary Cicely b 1863....BOTH are registered twice...with the same reg number but TWO mothers maiden names.....regards....allan:conf:
    just found Sarah Bowskill b 1865 with same scenario....
    Last edited by garstonite; 06-12-09, 11:14.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

I havent a clue Allan...

maybe its a glitch? I don't really use the Lancs BMD site much, so dont know.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie....it`s the same for the 3 births....2 names for Mothers Maiden Name , so I presume it`s not a glitch...It`s a new one on me and we learn every day...so...when in doubt ask!!!!.....hopefully someone will know....cheers...allan:Wink:
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

the only other thing I can think of Allan is that the fathers were Bowskills and the mothers were partners of either two brothers or cousins, and they named the children the same names?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I think it is just a case of an over-zealous registrar, who has recorded the mother's PREVIOUS names, not just her maiden name.

So one name would be her maiden name, the other her previous married name, or her previous "known as" name.

Remember that what you are looking at is an INDEX - which is a finding aid, so the more cross-referenced entries there are for one event, the easier it is to find them!

OC

Comment

Thank you both.....it would appear that Preston / Lancaster reg offices were extremely efficient as they seem to be the only ones I know of that give MMN`s from 1837.......so I actually presumed it was the mothers MN and her previous married name...I just wanted someone else to confirm my thoughts......cheers...allan:Wink:

Comment

Working...
            X