Lookin for Parents of James Copestake Harpur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin for Parents of James Copestake Harpur

James Copestick Harpur was born about 1833 and he died 14-06-1878 Doncaster. He got marrid 14-12-1865 York-Doncaster to Elizabeth Poles (baptised 09-10-1842 Wentworth).
    James was a commercial traveller. I only know that his father's name was James and that he was a Wheelwrite.
    I found a James Copestick who married a Mary Harpur in the Derbyshire parisch registers 1833 wright derby st. werburgh's marriages 30-12-1833. Could this be the right parents? I reside in The Netherlands and helas do not know how the system works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I have deleted my post as I didn't read your query correctly. Do you know where James was born in 1833?
    Last edited by Teresa from the Bay; 05-12-09, 17:01.
    Teresa...

Comment

James Copestick born 23 Jan 1835
      Baptised 24 Feb 1835 St Alkmund King St,Wesleyan Methodist,Derby.
      Parents James Copestick And Mary Harpur

Extracted entry from IGI.
      Regards Tony

Comment

Originally posted by de Paula Lopes View Post
        James Copestick Harpur was born about 1833 and he died 14-06-1878 Doncaster. He got marrid 14-12-1865 York-Doncaster to Elizabeth Poles (baptised 09-10-1842 Wentworth).
        James was a commercial traveller. I only know that his father's name was James and that he was a Wheelwrite.
        I found a James Copestick who married a Mary Harpur in the Derbyshire parisch registers 1833 wright derby st. werburgh's marriages 30-12-1833. Could this be the right parents? I reside in The Netherlands and helas do not know how the system works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        He has Harpur as family name and Copestick as a middle name,
        He appears to have been born before the marriage of his parents, and was given his father's surname as a given name.
        That certainly fits the facts you have there.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you all. Any help in finding James Copestick and Mary Harpur?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Cummings View Post
            James Copestick born 23 Jan 1835
            Baptised 24 Feb 1835 St Alkmund King St,Wesleyan Methodist,Derby.
            Parents James Copestick And Mary Harpur

Extracted entry from IGI.
            Regards Tony
            I think your best bet now would be to begin looking in the parish records.

they can be accessed online from www.familysearch.org or Hugh Wallis's Genealogical Web Sites

you would need to see when his parents did marry and if they had anymore children.
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Is there a way to see I am correct in constructing the follwing:
              James Copestick Harpur, Commercial traveller, born 23-01-1835 Draycott Derby, Baptised 24-02-1835 Derby, died 14-06-1878 Doncater, married 14-12-1865 Doncaster. His parents were James Copestick, a wheelwrite, baptised 11-10-1805 St. Werburgh Derby, married 30-12-1833 Werburgh Derby (or 15-04-1834?) to Mary Harpur. His parents were James Copestake, born 1776 Werburgh Derby, married 16-02-1801 Werburgh Derby to Mary Thomson, born 1780 Werburgh Derby.
              I have this from the IGI, but is anyone able to see if the data is correct?

Comment

Sorry, I don't know your Christian name but this might help.

Full text of "Derbyshire parish registers. Marriages"

if you click on 'full text of Derbyshire parish registers marriages' (when you have the page open) it will allow you to download this PDF and then you can search it for the marriages to confirm them.

hope this helps
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Do you have access to Ancestry or Findmypast? You could look for them on the censuses. I did a quick search this morning and found a family that looked hopeful but had to go out and had no time for a long post, must get dinner now too. Try doing a parent search on the IGI with parents James & Mary Copestick. This might give clues to siblings who could be with the parents on the 1841 and 51 censuses.

Comment

Sorry no access, that is why I am hoping for some help. I wold be great if I could be sure of the line.

Comment

Working...
                    X