Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

London Metropolitan Archives, London - anyone going there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: London Metropolitan Archives, London - anyone going there?

Only if someone is going there anyway and has some time to spare.

I've been trying to research John Vincent Johnson bc.1888 for a friend, he lived in Brentford, Middlesex. I'd like to find his army service number and Hounslow library has suggested the LMA might hold the Brentford Absent Voters Lists for 1918. They looked in Chiswick library for me but they only have a 1919 list which he's not on.

He married in April 1919 and his address at the time was 10 Caroline Place but in 1911 he's a soldier out east. I imagine he was at war at the time of the 1918 election and am hoping he'll be on it.

There's no rush for the info but if anyone's up there and bored, I'd really appreciate it.
    Hail Spode!

I can see what you are after, had a quick look. going back to births there is a John Wilson Johnson dec 1888 could this be him???

Comment

Thanks Salty, This is what I'm trying to confirm. Here's what I have

I have my John Vincent Johnson for sure at and after his marriage in 1919. On the marriage cert (which is from Brentford) he says his father is William, a Butcher.

I also have seen the baptism of John Vincent Johnson (mistranscribed as Wilson on the BMD) in 1888 Brendford but the father is John not William and this is the problem.

From the censuses, the father of the 1888 John becomes a Fishmonger and then dies. The mother then remarries to James Chelton.

Both my John and the John from the baptism seem to merge at the 1911 census where the only John Vincent Johnson born around 1888 on there is from Brendford and is a Gunner in the army out east.

I think I really need to find the Service Record (which without the number is almost impossible) or some other document from between 1911 and 1919 to confirm they are the same person despite the father's name.
      Hail Spode!

Comment

Working...
      X