Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I find out who Alfred's family are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I find out who Alfred's family are?

I have a person in a tree Im working on and his fathers name is Alfred Cyril Davies, I have been told he was possibly from Wales. I believe he was born about 1912. I know his name from his sons birth and marriage cert. He was in a relationship, and although his "partner" dies with his surname I cant find any evidence that they actually married so it is possible she just aquired his name. How can I work out Alfreds parents names...I have just recieved a possible birth cert for him but I have no way of tying his parents names to him to ensure Im following the right family. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.
    [COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="darkorchid"]Thanks

Mystic.........

there's quite a few deaths for alfred c davies 1916-2005. can you narrow the the playing field? maybe the county he was living in?

Comment

I have what I assume is his death record...in (Redbridge, London..1966) but that still wont help me with finding his parents names. Is that what you mean't?

Edit* Just have to pop out for an hour, will be back soon.

Mystic.........

Comment

right, died in redbridge london in 1966. i assume you think the 1912 pontypridd birth is his? could be the hereford one, isnt that close to the welsh border?

Comment

Yep your right...I have just recieved the Pontypridd one, but I cant work out how to confirm it is the right one? Dont want to keep going until I have a way of confirming it. Not sure about the Herefordone...or the borders?

Mystic.........

Comment

do you have any siblings at all for alfred? the 'wifes' maiden name? maybe its a case of mistranscription on ancestry's part?

Comment

No dont know of siblings...His wife (partner) was Clara Lousia Pine....but I can find a marriage as I said. I know they definately had two children (sons) possibly a third?? She was known to be called Clare?? but this could be part of a transcription problem.
              She was possible married prior to marrying Alfred to a gent with the surname of (Donovan??) but not sure this is factual.

Mystic.........

Comment

I have looked for any births for Davies with mothers name Pine and come up with nothing before David C Davies Jul Aug Sep 1942 Pontypool Wales next one 1950
                Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
                http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Thanks for your efforts Mike. It appears Alfred and Clara didnt marry, so I assume my hopes of confirming who Alfred's parents were has diminished. Might have to just go with the cert I have and hope its the right line.

Mystic.........

Comment

Clara Pine married Henry Donovan q1 1929 Hackney and had
                    Rodney H Donovan q4 1929 Hackney
                    Irene C Donovan q1 1931 Hackney
                    David C Donovan q3 1942 Pontypool ref 11a 197a

Now the the last, David C, is the also David C Davies q3 1942 Pontypool ref 11a 197
                    in both entries the maiden name is Pine
                    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

Rodney Henry Donovan died July 2001 Enfield
                      Irene C Donovan married q4 1955 Essex South Western Robert J Hobbs
                      Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

Working...
                      X