Emily Matilda Ferry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emily Matilda Ferry

This was my great great grandmother, born abt 1834 hackney, her father was WILLIAM FERRY according to her marriage documents, no dates for him.

Emily married Samuel Greenwood on 27 july 1863 district church of st james shorditch, which was in curtain rd but no longer exists.

My great grandmother was Louisa Jane Greenwood, born in 1864 Shorditch/bethnal green, who married my great grandfather William Thomas Wild, also born 1864 in Shorditch. The Greenwoods and Wilds had been close family friends and my great grandparents had been childhood sweethearts.

I am trying to find our several things for this branch that has stumped me,
    The only census record I have for Emily is the 1871 census, I have no mother for her either....I am looking at the possibility that the FERRY family were from a romany heritage, this is from family hearsay , which goes along the lines of Emily leaving her clan to marry an outsider and being cast out by her people, who later took her first born child....Im not to sure how much truth there is in that last bit!

I am also looking for an exact death year for both Louisa Jane Wild nee Greenwood, and my great grandfather William Thomas Wild....I cant find it either of them, as I am trying to locate their burials thiss is making it rather difficult!

I think that William died around 1922, I think Louisa had died by 1912 or there abouts!

Any info on these people would be great, I have plenty I can help with down William Thomas Wilds mothers family if anyone has cause to need it, get in touch please!

Originally posted by ajchambers8 View Post
    The only census record I have for Emily is the 1871 census
    Struggling to find it - can you give the reference?
    Elaine

Comment

Ignore that ... found it!

1871 census
      RG10; Piece: 474; Folio: 19; Page: 31
      - Ancestry.co.uk
      Elaine

Comment

1861 census
        RG9; Piece: 250; Folio: 21; Page: 41
        - Ancestry.co.uk

Presume you found this at some point as you have submitted a correction to it! :smilee:
        Elaine

Comment

1881 census
          RG11; Piece: 410; Folio: 74; Page: 24
          Enable Cookies - Ancestry.co.uk
          Elaine

Comment

Ah yes, thanks Elaine, that is the one I have ... as you can see on there she is also coming up as Emma, thanks so much for looking though, I cant find here anywhere else, no birth no death, just marriage banns and that census!

xxxAngela

Comment

1891 census
              RG12; Piece: 261; Folio 90; Page 25
              - Ancestry.co.uk
              Elaine

Comment

ahhh...right, you see what had happened was to begin I had a choice of two wifes, Emma Millen and Emily M Ferry... when I discounted Emma I deleted all the censuses with her on assuming, wrong family, I have now come to understand that Emily also was known as Emma....lol thank you I wish they hadnt been so confussing, but that is indeed why I had found ad then lost them again!

Comment

I am also looking for an exact death year for both Louisa Jane Wild nee Greenwood, and my great grandfather William Thomas Wild....I cant find it either of them, as I am trying to locate their burials thiss is making it rather difficult!

I think that William died around 1922, I think Louisa had died by 1912 or there abouts!
                  Have you found them on the 1911 census - if so where were they living?
                  Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                    1861 census
                    RG9; Piece: 250; Folio: 21; Page: 41
                    - Ancestry.co.uk

Presume you found this at some point as you have submitted a correction to it! :smilee:
                    I thought they got married in 1863?

I've been looking and all I have found is this 1841, not sure if it's the right family though.

- Ancestry.co.uk
                    Hail Spode!

Comment

What about this one

Louisa Wild
                      1928 - quarter 3
                      Age at death - 65
                      Hackney - volume 1b, page 391
                      Elaine

Comment

Im getting a tad confused myself, her age is jumping around more than usual for censuses and I was just struck that they married in 1863 ...though I have indeed added the first child to the tree sarah.

I havent checked the 1911 census but will do now

Comment

Originally posted by guybrush View Post

I've been looking and all I have found is this 1841, not sure if it's the right family though.

- Ancestry.co.uk
                          What is the occupation of William on Emily's marriage certificate?
                          Elaine

Comment

Im getting a tad confused myself, her age is jumping around more than usual for censuses and I was just struck that they married in 1863 ...though I have indeed added the first child to the tree sarah.
                            Yes, her age does seem to fluctuate a bit!!

They may well have married in 1863 - but were living together as man and wife on the 1861 census.
                            There are a couple of possible birth registrations for a Sarah Ferry in Bethnal Green - one in 1858 and the other in 1860 - so she may have been an illegitimate daughter of Emily/Emma
                            Elaine

Comment

What about this one

Louisa Wild
                              1928 - quarter 3
                              Age at death - 65
                              Hackney - volume 1b, page 391
                              That could be her , I know she out lived her husband....(I may have siad she was dead by 1912, but that was Emily!)...I will put that on the tree provisionally for sure

Thanks so much your all great xx

Comment

Another possible death

William T Wild
                                1923 - 3rd quarter
                                Age at death - 59
                                Hackney - volume 1b. page 369
                                Elaine

Comment

What is the occupation of William on Emily's marriage certificate?
                                  His occupation was 'painter' and he was listed as deceased by their wedding... you are so great for this ...I have looked for ages, every so often I keep going back to it all and getting nowhere!

Comment

Not the family I found then. That William was a mariner
                                    Hail Spode!

Comment

Doubt if the 1841 census that Guy found is the correct one as William's occupation on that was Mariner.

I couldn't see her on earlier censuses but I'll have another look.
                                      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by guybrush View Post

- Ancestry.co.uk
                                        Thanks Guy I shall keep that one in mind, the one prob there is, is the area of birth... but this ofcourse may not rule it out entirely!

Comment

Working...
                                        X