Can someone peek please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone peek please.

Can you have a peek at this marriage please of Edward John Joseph Horstead (my great uncle) to now, is it Elizabeth RUTE Shields or NUTE please. Ancestry says Rute but Im not so sure. Cant find her anyway in births, believe she may be scottish.

Gawd, it may be easier for anyone with ancestry to have a look on there please
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 02-12-09, 14:13. Reason: removal of image as in breach of T&Cs

I had a look on Ancestry, itself.

The signature and the register entry have the same shape for the first letter of that middle name. In neither case is there the middle kink which could convert N to R.

I had a look at some other pages: it doesn't look as if Mr Gladstone was encouraged to make the entries on other occasions, even where he conducted the ceremony.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I dont think its shaped enough for an R Chris, Im thinking its N and Nute is a family name.

At least that gives me another lead.

Thanks for looking

Comment

HI

In the 1911 she's shown as bieng Elizabeth NUTE Shield and your guess was part right as to her birth place as she is shown as bieng a resident at least in Glasgow, Scotland. Her occupation is that of a Nurse at the Bermondsey Infirmary for the Poor Law Guardians.
        WendyP

Comment

Working...
        X