Help finding a death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding a death

Looking for the death of Richard Readman, sometimes Redman born 1889 in Co Durham.

In 1911 he was living in Wetherby, Yorkshire.

I think he died before 1933 as he isn't named in the distribution of his brother's estate (this was divided between his full blood aunts & cousins as he died intestate).

Thanks
    Jay

That looks like a long trawl until the Ancestry deaths transcriptions come online - or until the Yorks BMD site has Wetherby covered after 1901.

In fact, FreeBMD has a great deal covering the period you're after - if you check the coverage page.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
      That looks like a long trawl until the Ancestry deaths transcriptions come online ...
      They came on line today! :smilee:
      Elaine

Comment

From FreeBMD, looking for Richard RE*DMAN, from 1911 onwards:

1915 q4 Reedman Richard 26 Abingdon 2c 387

This is the only one I could see, so far, with the right kind of age against the year.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          They came on line today! :smilee:
          They don't show up when I go to the expected page? :conf:

Christine

Comment

Jay,

Cannot see anything pre 1933.

Found this one
            Richard Readman
            1969 qtr.1
            Age at death - 72
            Durham Western - volume 1a, page 796
            Elaine

Comment

Search on this page Christine

Search England & Wales, Death Index: 1984-2005 - Ancestry.co.uk

.. just ignore the stated years at the top!
              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                From FreeBMD, looking for Richard RE*DMAN, from 1911 onwards:

1915 q4 Reedman Richard 26 Abingdon 2c 387

This is the only one I could see, so far, with the right kind of age against the year.

Christine

Thanks Christine, that's one to consider.

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                Jay,

Cannot see anything pre 1933.

Found this one
                Richard Readman
                1969 qtr.1
                Age at death - 72
                Durham Western - volume 1a, page 796
                Thanks Elaine, I think that Richard was born born June quarter 1896.
                Jay

Comment

Oops, sorry Jay - my brain not working tonight!! :emb:
                  Elaine

Comment

No probs Elaine, I thought it was him too, then I remembered there was another Readman family in the area that isn't connected to mine :F
                    Jay

Comment

Ancestry Death 1916-2005 indexed are now available, just put Richard Readman into the main search box and 5 come up in the results for deaths index 1916-2005
                      Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
                      http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Working...
                      X