Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inserting photos into text (size problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inserting photos into text (size problem)

I'm trying to incorporate photos of churches and graves into a Word document.

I have my photos on an Olympus program that complements my camera. I can copy and then paste the photo into the text, but the photo is too large and I would like to insert a smaller version instead. (At present it is 2816 x 2112.)

Does anyone know what I should due to reduce the size for my document, please?
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

When you have pasted the photo into Word, click on the image and you will see a frame around the photo with little square boxes at the side of the photo and at each corner. Put your cursor on one of the corner boxes and drag the box towards the centre of your image - you will see that it reduces/increases the size of the image.

Don't try reducing the size by dragging the side boxes as it will affect the ratio of your image - so it will either look tall and thin or short and fat! Always use the corner boxes.
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine, many thanks! It's so simple when you know how!:smilee:

I'm trying to put various families into an understandable format for others to read and see! I have no Ancestry sub at present, just FMP, and decided to consolidate what I have!
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Working...
      X