David Rees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Rees

Went up to neath when i first started researching my family tree a few months ago and got my grandads birth certificate with a father David Rees

Some of you may have been following this thread:

So having been doing loads on other branches of my tree im wanting to take another go at David.

I have been searching a while online and got no where so thought my best option was to go up to neath registrar. Got there filled as much info in as i got

David Rees, 1878, Neath with father David Rees a labourer.
    Not much i know, but its all i had. But nothing.

I wanted his eldest daughters certificate instead just to see what her mothers maiden name was (she was from his first marriage to catherine)
    couldnt find it. So they looked for his marriage to catherine and found it. Catherine Dunfey. Which stated he was 20 years old in 1898 which would make him born 1876 not 1878. He was living at james street, neath. working as a labourer. We then found his eldest daughters birth, although i still havent worked out how she couldnt find it in the first place:conf:

so took another look online and came up with this
    Enable Cookies - Ancestry.co.uk

want you guys to take a look to see what the possibilities it could be my david and if not can anyone take a search or point me in the right directions with this one

anyone have any thoughts what direction i can go on this one?

Comment

Could you summarise what's been found out on the old thread as there's 5 pages to trawl through, sorry?

What's David and Catherine's daughter's name? Hopefully we can find her in 1901. Have you found him in the 1911 census? If so, what's David's place of birth?
      Hail Spode!

Comment

yea sorry

David and catherine's daughter elizabeth ellen rees born 26 oct 1900 at edwins court neath. David married catherine 3 dec 1898, age 20, in catholic chapal, neath. David then remarried sarah ellen evans 10 dec 1907 in neath registrar age 29 years

In the David and sarah thread it is mostly about sarah, thats why im starting this thread to get somewhere with david. Got him in 1911 living with sarah and children elizabeth, nelline, minnie and william. also got him in 1901 living with catherine and elizabeth. At the time of his marriage to catherine he was living at james street neath. And when he was marrying sarah he was living at 11 ethel street. In both census he states he was born in neath

any more info you need let me know

Comment

also david's father is called david rees and is a labourer. Alive when david rees jnr married catherine but had died when he married sarah. David jnr was also a labourer, and a hauler underground

Comment

Have you looked at this family?

1891 - - Ancestry.co.uk

1881 - Enable Cookies - Ancestry.co.uk

Are there Rees witnesses on either of the marriages which might give another clue to David's family?
            Hail Spode!

Comment

no rees marriages or surnames matching the brides

i have looked at it, but not sure if its right.
              He was living in james street before age 20, before his first marriage
              which i know could been he lived somewhere else before that but also
              his fathers occupation doesnt match

Neath registrar rang me today, the lady was very nice, and said she had another look for me (which is really kind as she took the time to do that) and she said she may have found him. so im going to pick it up tomorrow and will go from there, hopefully it is the right one! if not i will be back to pick your brains lol think i might also go the archive centre there as i have never been to one...when in rome etc lol

Comment

the certificate she found was the one with parents david rees and mary ann, the one on the census. The info for them is different than on the census, as he is born 1878, and his father is a labourer and the address matches. I've learned that it is worth getting a cert of one that may be right to check as sometimes the info online makes it looks wrong. Thanks for taking a look guy im going to stat searching into david and mary ann

Comment

Glad you've got a new lead.

The occupation of Labourer could mean anything really. In my experience it's usually builder (bricky) but can mean anything to do with physical work.
                  Hail Spode!

Comment

thanks guy, thats handy to know for future reference!

Comment

Working...
                    X