No announcement yet.

Two Birth registrations for same girl ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Birth registrations for same girl ?

I want to send for a Birth Cert but there seems to be two regs for the same girl
    Annie Kemp Sep 1861 Boston Lincolnshire 7a 345
    Annie Kent Sep 1861 Louth Lincolnshire 7a 345

or is it a coincidence?

which one is correct and why two areas ??? thanks

Have you checked the image?

I can imagine that the two entries may be the same: difficult to read handwriting in the original, say.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

oh I need help
      on the image there are two Annie Kemps one in Boston one in Louth that says 7a 258 and 7a 345?????

Comment

Val, I can only see the Boston entry. Where did you find the Louth one?
        Elaine

Comment

Elaine when I have the one for Boston in Lincs and click on who else is on the same page she is under the one for Annie Kent ???

this link shows both one is in Boston the other in Louth with the same page and volume numbers yet when you look at the image the page number is different
          Last edited by Guest; 30-11-09, 21:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            oh I need help
            on the image there are two Annie Kemps one in Boston one in Louth that says 7a 258 and 7a 345?????
            7a 258 is Stamford
            7a 345 is Boston

I note that these indexes are typed, not handwritten. That means that they are not the original indexes.

I would suggest that this represents two different families. Do you have relevant info to be able to distinguish them if you check the census images, say, for 1871?

FreeBMD/Ancestry can't find an Annie KENT in that quarter (1861 q3).

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

The only one in 1871 was born Louth

Comment

Go by the image, Val, not the transcription.
                Annie Kemp Boston 7a, 345
                Elaine

Comment

have her in 1871 under the name Annie Tyler born Stamford abt 1862 but I know she is Kemp not Tyler

Comment

Jim there are two in 1871

Comment

But there are three births
                      Annie Kemp 1861 Jul-Aug-Sep Huntingdonshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Rutland

PreviewName: Annie Kemp
                      Year of Registration: 1861
                      Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
                      District: Boston
                      County: Lincolnshire
                      Volume: 7a

PreviewName: Annie Kemp
                      Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
                      District: Louth
                      County: Lincolnshire

Comment

have her in 1871 under the name Annie Tyler born Stamford abt 1862 but I know she is Kemp not Tyler
                        If she was born Stamford then it´s probably the other one you want!
                        Sept 1861
                        Annie Kemp
                        Stamford 7a 258
                        Elaine

Comment

That begins to suggest that the Stamford registration is the one you want. Does she give Stamford, rather than Boston area places, as PoB in other censuses?

Stamford is so far to the SW of the county that "suburbs" are in Northants/Rutland. Boston and Louth are much further north and east.

Christine

[Snap! Elaine ;)]
                          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 30-11-09, 21:14.

Comment

it says Lincoln on the next census ?? think I will do as Elaine suggests and get the Stamford one

thanks everyone

Comment

but Jim none of those say Stamford ??????????UGH and thanks for your help

Comment

Sorry did not paste properly
                                : Annie Kemp
                                Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
                                District: Stamford
                                County: Huntingdonshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Rutland
                                Page: 258

Comment

thanks Jim thats the one then gonna order it now in case there is a postal strike again

Comment

Working...
                                  X