Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could SKS check my certificate order please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could SKS check my certificate order please.

I want to order the birth and death certs for Daniel Hart.

Of course there are very few Daniel Harts in the right area, but two are close together....lol

What I know for sure

1851 census........age 6
    1861 census........age 15
    Marriage July 1868......age 23
    Death Sept qtr 1870......age 24

There are two births (Q4) 1845 and (Q3) 1847 both Bolton.

I'm leaning to the 1845 birth???????

I can put Thomas in the father's name as a checking point. Daniel gave Thomas as his father's name at marriage and that is where I got the census entries.

That seems straight forward now I've written it.....lol

yes I'd go along with the 1845 one too good luck

Comment

Would have to agree 1845 seems to be the one

Comment

1851 age 6 implies b Apr 1844 - Mar 1845
        1861 age 15 implies b Apr 1845 - Mar 1846
        Jul 1868 age 23 implies b Jul 1844 - Jul 1845
        Sep Q 1870 age 24 implies b Jul 1845 - Sep 1846

That makes 1845 the favourite out of 1845 and 1847.

Christine
        Last edited by Christine in Herts; 30-11-09, 21:09.
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you Christine....that makes it so simple.

******crawls quietly away vowing never to tell anyone I used to teach maths******

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
            Thank you Christine....that makes it so simple.
            I always enjoyed maths - particularly the bits where you could get a definite answer... you could get 100% in a maths exam; getting 100% in an arts or humanities subject was pretty much impossible.

The trouble is that, even doing that, you can find that someone was born in a time-range with a gap in the middle!

And there are always the ones that lie (or don't bother about accuracy) about their age.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I love maths, Christine. I also love teaching the tricks and fun parts.

My brain was just not working......lol......not an isolated instance.

I've ordered the 1845 one...

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
                I love maths, Christine. I also love teaching the tricks and fun parts.

My brain was just not working......lol......not an isolated instance.

I've ordered the 1845 one...
                Maths is one of the few subjects where you get more marks for a shorter answer (if complete) than a longer one!

I clearly recall my maths teacher being really excited when I turned up with a solution to an A-level problem which was only half-a-page long compared with her full page one.

Christine

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                  I always enjoyed maths - particularly the bits where you could get a definite answer... you could get 100% in a maths exam; getting 100% in an arts or humanities subject was pretty much impossible.
                  Two of us got 100% in the French exam at the end of grammar school year 1. That was the peak of my academic performance!
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                  X