Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Thomas Holbrook & Peter Cocking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Thomas Holbrook & Peter Cocking.

I am looking for a 1861 census record for Thomas Holbrook - age 9 (he is not with his parents)

I am also looking for a 1841 census record for Peter Cocking - age 41

Here are Thomas Parents in 1841 - In Winford, Somerset

- Ancestry.co.uk

and again in 1851 - In Chewstoke, Somserset
    - Ancestry.co.uk

Thomas was born in 1852 in Chew Stoke, Somerset.

and again his parents in 1861

- Ancestry.co.uk

here is Thomas in 1871 in Chewstoke - so would think he will be there in 1861

- Ancestry.co.uk

For Peter Cocking he was born 1802 in Helston, Cornwall.

In 1851 he was living in Bristol with wife Catherine.

See H0107 Piece 1949 Folio 120 Page 19 - on findmypast - not available on ancestry.

Can anyone see Peter for 1841 with wife Catherine

or Thomas in 1861

There's a Peter and Catherine Hocking here but as I cant see the 1851 census page, I cant confirm anything.

- Ancestry.co.uk
    Hail Spode!

Comment

I've been looking for Thomas Holbrook in the 1861 - I've been through Chewstoke District census and there are 3 families: John Holbrook 22 and wife Elizabeth; John Holbrook 76, wife Maria 51 and three children; Isaac 36 and wife Harriet 25 and 2 children. No trace of Thomas (father) or your Thomas b. 1852. I wonder where they have all gone to? Maybe someone else can see them.

Comment

HO107 Piece, 1426 Book/Folio, 7/5 Page,2 - 1841 census. High Street, St John, Swansea, Glamorgan. Peter 1803, Catherine 1811 and children Jane - 1831, Eliza 1836, William 1837 Catherine 1838. Says the whole family were born in Glamorgan but they could only say if they were born in or out of county.

I don't know if this fits in with anything you know but it was the only one that came up on FMP.

Comment

thanks very much for your help - I will look it to it.

Comment

Working...
          X