Where did Robert Martin go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did Robert Martin go?

Robert Martin (b. May 1822, North Tawton, Devon) was married to Grace Snell (b. circa 1827 North Tawton) on 29 March 1850 at All Saints, Rotherhithe.

They went on to have several children, most of whom seem to have died young. In 1891 Robert and Grace are at 61 Grove Street Deptford with their youngest son Walter, his wife Ada and the first 2 of their several children. In 1901 Walter and his increasing family are still at 61 Grove Street but I can't find Robert or Grace.

I'm pretty sure Grace died in 1892 (Greenwich q2 1892 1d 552 aged 65), but I can find no trace of Robert, either dead or in 1901. Greenwich is the registration district for Deptford. The online LMA deaths don't seem to cover that area in the 1890s.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Maybe he went back to Devon after his wife's death - did he have any family still living there?

There is this death - I don't know if this is the right area -

1899 Q1 age 77 Newton Abbot, Devon vol 5b page 103

Jane

Comment

That's certainly a possibility. I've so far only found one of his siblings alive in the 1891 census and none in 1901. My g-g-grandfather died in 1880. I can't really justify a £7 punt to find out!
      Last edited by Uncle John; 29-11-09, 23:09.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
      X