This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Webcam

First thing it says when I open the CD is, 'disable all virus/spyware'.

How do I do this, all I can find is 'uninstall' nothing about temporary disabling?
    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Hi Vivienne,

In this case disabling your antivirus/anti-spyware is just switching it off temporarily.
    You should have an icon for your antivirus program in the taskbar at the bottom right of your screen. Right-clicking on the icon should bring up an option to disable it or switch it off.

For example, I use Avast, and when I right-click on the "a" (for Avast) icon in the task bar, one of the options is "Stop On-Access Protection", which will disable Avast temporarily.

Depending on what software you're runing, you will have a different icon and different options when you right-click, but there should be something allowing you to disable the software temporarily.

The same applies for any anti-spyware software you're running.
    Sarah

Comment

This is my problem Sarah, I've got 6 different programmes on my desk top but only 2 on the task bar.
      Super Anti Spyware & AVG free, neither of which seems to give me the option of turning off temporarily with one click.
      AVG has ticks beside all the different areas so I guess I could do that but it still leaves me with all the others.

Comment

Vivienne if you right click on the avg icon you should get a disable exit or turn off option which you do with the left click
        same with spyware

Comment

I'm sure that is what I did Val but can't try again at the mo as it is mid scan.:smilee:
          I'll try again in about fifteen mins.

Comment

Val, when I right click it says;

open AVG interface
            update now
            exit

Do you mean that if I click on exit that will disable it?

Comment

On the ones that aren't on automatic regular scans does that count as being disabled?

Comment

yes Vivienne click on exit and no it does not mean they are disabled Viv you need to exit that too

Comment

Thanks Val, I'll have to pluck up courage, keep everything crossed & have a go.
                  If it all goes wrong, I'll take the computer down to the shop & blame you!:Big Grin::Big Grin:

Comment

just make sure you enable both before you go back on the internet Viv
                    oh and I turned mine on by mistake the other night gave me a real fright thought I was pretty LOL

Comment

After all that, I couldn't find out how to disable anything so I called my computer doc, who said, ignore it, just go ahead & install, any probs, call me back.

No need, it's installed & surprisingly it hasn't broken yet but I'm not sure I like what I see. lol:Big Grin::Big Grin:

Comment

frightening isnt it ?? wonder how long before you disable it??

Comment

Not allowed to disable it Val, everyone else I speak to on Skype has one, that's why I was being nagged to get one.
                          Called my Sis in NZ last night & gave her a fright, first thing she says is, "you look tired".
                          That's the very reason I was resisting getting a webcam, my Sis is a worry guts & although I know I'm fine, if I continue to look tired to her she'll worry herself silly. Even worse if I turn it off, her imagination will work overtime.:roll-eyes:

Comment

just make sure you have your make up on and have combed your hair LOL

Comment

Never wear the stuff Val & since the chemo my hair has become so easy to do, just a shake & it's in place.

Just have to get a mask for the bit between my ears!:Big Grin::Big Grin:

Comment

oh sorry Viv didnt realise that, me and my mouth

Comment

What you sorry about Val, I think you got the wrong end of the stick & I'm sorry about that.
                                  Hair that grows back after being lost through chemo, more often than not is in better condition than before.
                                  I had aural chemo & didn't lose my hair but my hairdresser is amazed at how the condition & thickness of my hair has improved.:Wink:

Comment

oh thats good then thanks

Comment

Working...
                                    X