• Show
Clear All

• help finding death please

Hi All I am trying to find the death of Albert Edward Grace

Albert Edward grace born 1891 greenwich

he married 1915 in greenwich to alice thornton

he registered his son birth in december 1919
    then he died

his wife alice grace remarried his brother frank grace in 1923 greenwich she is a widow on marriage certificate
    so he must have died between december 1919 and 1923
    I have looked between 1919 and 1923 and can not find a death at all with the right age area

Any ideas ?

thanks Tracy
    Twinklestar

Where have you looked for the death? Have you checked the actual images, searching through each quarter individually?

If you are only checking on freeBMD then it may not have been transcribed yet.
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine yes checked the actual images of every year between 1919 and 1923 this is why its confusing I know very little about albert other than his occupation in 1919 he was a steam stoker there are a couple of letters after steam but I can not make them out this is from franks birth
      thanks
      Tracy
      Twinklestar

Comment

It it possible that his wife changed husbands in midstream? Could they have divorced or he scarpered? Or if he was a steam stoker that could have been on a ship and he died at sea or abroad or was shipwrecked. Was the second marriage in church or register office?
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi Jim the wife alice married albert and then married his brother so i think your second suggestion would be possible the second marriage was in a register office may be I should look for daeths abroad ?
          do they have them on ancestry?

Thanks
          Tracy
          Twinklestar

Comment

hi I have found his death on FMP if you give me your email I will send the image to you

think this is him E A Grace aged 29 Ship was called The Starling its on 1921 Marine deaths

Comment

Hi val thankyou so i have sent you a message with my email

Thanks again for your help
              Tracy
              Twinklestar

Comment

Well done Val.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

actually Uncle John it was something you said that made me look on overseas stuff I wouldn't have thought of it myself so thanks.

Comment

Thanks val for the image cant thank you enough i have looked for so long for him
                    xx
                    Twinklestar

Comment

wish I could find some of mine that easy , your welcome

Comment

Working...
                      X