Avast what do you think of it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avast what do you think of it ?

I have just heard of "Avast" I have AVG do you think the former is any better or are they about the same ( Just wondering as some one put Avast on my daughters Computer )

Bella

Hi, I use avast - gives better coverage in my view but slows my pc down a fair bit compared to my time using AVG.

Comment

I have used Avast for two years now and am well pleased with it. It may slow the PC down a little but I would not be able to measure that.

I would certainly recommend it but do remember it is 'free' and it is a limited package.
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Thanks a lot everyone.just what I wanted to know.

Bella

Comment

I think it depends what operating system and how much space and memory your PC has.

I always used AVG but have found it recently to be clunky and over programmed and takes up too much space.

I use it on this laptop but the one in Hertford that OH uses (my old Laptop that did have AVG on for years) I de-installed it yesterday evening because over the years the new versions were making that laptop's performance so bad it was ridiculous.

Have now installed Avast and the laptop's performance is so much better.

Comment

I have used Avast for the last four years (used to use AVG). I dont find any difference in speed. If anything faster than when using AVG. Its also free, updates itself and doesnt seem as complicated as AVG was.

I would recommend Avast without hesitation.

Good luck
            Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda from Murton View Post
              I have used Avast for the last four years (used to use AVG). I dont find any difference in speed. If anything faster than when using AVG. Its also free, updates itself and doesnt seem as complicated as AVG was.

I would recommend Avast without hesitation.

Good luck
              I agree. The only time I notice a difference in speed is when installation updates are in progress.
              Jenny

Comment

Working...
              X