James Mallett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Mallett

James Mallett/Mallet b. ca 1800 Orford, Suffolk and wife Catherine also b. ca 1800 Orford Suffolk are still living in Orford up to the 1871 census (where they are transcribed as Mabbett).

Can anyone find any trace of them after 1871 please? I've exhausted my ideas of searching for deaths!

Many thanks

Linda:conf:
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

is he the one trans as john in the 51 Linda? b.1795 Orford
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

No he's James ,b 1801, with Catherine b. 1805. Their dob's were quite flexible. I think John might be a brother.

Linda
      Linda

Comment

not having much luck Linda.. nothing much showing on the NBI either, for thingy dooo dahh
        Julie

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
          No he's James ,b 1801, with Catherine b. 1805. Their dob's were quite flexible. I think John might be a brother.

Linda
          seems like there were alot of brothers.. or they might be.. I have found at least 4 of em
          Julie

Comment

Thanks for trying Julie - at the moment I have no confirmation that they were brothers apart from the fact that Orford ain't that big, and they all seem to be of the right age range. Have checked on IGI and found that Robert and Sarah had William, Robert and Edward, but no mention of James (naturally - the one I want!) Were they the ones you found? Plus John of course.

Unfortunately Suffolk is a bit too far for a trip to the family history centre.

Linda
            Linda

Comment

am pretty sure there was a John-Robert-Matthew and another as well as James.. but, like you couldn't see a death, I wonder if they died elsewhere?

is there anyone in suffolk onsite that do lookups?
              Julie

Comment

here you go Linda.

Research Offers: Record Office/Archive - Family Tree Forum

scroll down to suffolk and click on Oakum Pickers name to send him a PM, (he's very nice too) :smilee::smilee:
                Julie

Comment

Thanks a mill Julie, will get onto that. How's your Lydall lot doing? Have you found Isaac yet?

Linda
                  Linda

Comment

I think I may have found them - searched the whole country and came up with a James Mallett aged 77 died Dec quarter 1872 in South Shields (Westoe), and Catherine Mallett aged 77 died Dec Quarter 1873 also in South Shields (Westoe). The reason why this is intriguing is that their son George was at this time living in Westoe in South Shields. I think some certificate purchases are looming.

Linda
                    Linda

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                      Thanks a mill Julie, will get onto that. How's your Lydall lot doing? Have you found Isaac yet?

Linda
                      sorry I didnt get back to you last night, got engrossed in stuff..lol!! (as you do)

me Lydalls.. well, I have sent off for 3 marriage certs to hopefully (big gulps!!) prove my thinking and methodology is correct. I am really resisting the urge to dive back in and do more digging on Charles Lydall b.1825 to see if he is MY Charles that is in Connecticut, I can only find one Charles Lydall b. 1825 in Whitwick and he is mine..
                      Julie

Comment

Good luck with the certs -it's amazing what a good feeling you get when it comes and it's the right one!! (Am I sad or what? ) Still it keeps us off the streets...

Linda
                        Linda

Comment

nope not sad at all, I know exactly what you mean, I think its also the 'smug' effect (which is that you knew really it ws the right line, and just by getting the cert/s proves your thinking/methodology is right! lol!!)

hopefully we will both get the results we want :smilee::smilee:
                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                          X