Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry search

Help!
    Is it something I've done or is it another Ancestry change? When I click on 'Search historical records', it throws up a long list, without a refining option - apart from choice of category of records. Until a couple of days ago, I was able to amend individual details.

Not quite sure what you are referring to. It could be the difference between the Old Search option and the New Search Option.

If you click on Search on the navigation bar at the top (where it has Home/Family Trees/Search/Collaborate etc.) you will see the words Old Search or New Search towards the right hand side of the page. Click on this to toggle between the two search options.

Has this solved your problem?
    Elaine

Comment

And - if I try to search a particular census, the search form seems to have changed - not for the better. I'm wondering if I have clicked on something I should have left well alone!

Comment

If the search form has changed then it does sound like the difference between the two search options (old and new),
        Try switching between the two to see if you can get back to what you had before.
        Elaine

Comment

Thank you so much Elaine - back to normal. I can't think how I got sidetracked into the old search.

Comment

Working...
          X