No sign of initial emigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sign of initial emigration

hi first post here so please be a little forgiving.

Im have been trying to find an emigration to Brazil. (no luck so far )
    The family in question were last seen on the 1911 census and a couple of them come back in 1920

Harriet Annie De Oliveira (my rellie) b abt 1890 Barrow in Furness
    Ladislaw Baptista De Oliveria (first name could be Ladislan - not to sure on spelling- shown different on 2 documents) b abt 1882 Rio de janerio
    Ronald Roberts De Oliveira b 1909 Barrow in furness
    Clodualdo A R Oliveria b 1911 Barrow in furness

Now Ladislaw was a Naval Inspector and i was wondering whether they would have been allowed to return on his Naval ship with him or whether they would have to go seperately?

I understand from relatives that Harriet later returns to England when her husband dies and i found her coming back in 1920 along with Ronald...but no sign of Clodualdo. Ronald can be seen moving backwards and forwards later in life.
    any help would be very apprieciated

thank you for your time

Karen

Welcome, Karen.

Your post looks like just the sort of thing that folks here enjoy getting their teeth into!

I'd say that "Ladislaw" was much more likely to be correct than "Ladislan". It's obviously related to "Ladislaus".

still browsing about with the other info...
    Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Karen - might be something here :: CEMLA :: and
      Here's the latest from FamilySearch... SALT LAKE CITY—FamilySearch added the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro Civil Registration to its online collect...
      Last edited by naomiatt; 27-11-09, 07:29.

Comment

thank you guys for your help so far.
        i will follow up those links.

Comment

Hi again - I wonder if the Brazilian Navy will have records for him -
          Try 020 82464400 Brazilian Naval Commission In Europe
          170 Upper Richmond Road
          London
          SW15 2SH
          Might be something in this Military Power Review - Brazilian Armed Forces (english version)
          Have you found any WW1 records for him?
          You might find something in this site as well
          Records of the office of the Chief of Naval Operations [OCNO] in the holdings of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration. From the Guide to Federal Records in the National Archives of the U.S.
          Last edited by naomiatt; 28-11-09, 03:40.

Comment

thank you very much Naomiatt.
            Off to do some reading on those

Comment

Working...
            X