Henry george kannegiesser (heinrich georg) - parish record help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry george kannegiesser (heinrich georg) - parish record help

I wonder if someone is visiting an LDS church and could have a look at the following film for me to see what is shows?

HENRY GEORGE KANNEGIESSER
    MARY MOORE
    Marriage: 08 DEC 1833 Saint James, Westminster, London, England
    Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the marriage date.
    Source Information:
    Batch No.: M147517
    Dates: 1833 - 1841
    Source Call No.: 1042320
    Type: Film
    Printout Call No.: 6904123
    Type: Film
    Sheet: 00

I'm hoping this film will be their actual marriage banns/certificate. I'm looking for Henry's father name so that I can go back a further generation on his side.

I have the following census records on this family. Henry was a tailor. He died in Q4 1870 St Geo H Sq and his wife Mary died in Q3 1862 St Geo H Sq. Mary's parents were Henry Moore and Sarah (no surname).

1841 Census
    Henry Kammgisson (tailor) Born c 1806 Ireland
    address: Kensington
    Household:
    Henry Kammgisson 35
    Mary Kammgisson 25
    Henry Kammgisson 6
    Sarah Kammgisson 5
    Mary Kammgisson 4
    John Kammgisson 10 Mo

HO107; Piece 690; Book: 12;

1851 England Census
    Henry Kanngessier born c 1809 Hanover Germany
    address St George Hanover Square

Household
    Henry Kanngessier 42
    Mary Kanngessier 47
    Sarah Kanngessier 15
    Mary Kanngessier 13
    John Kanngessier 10
    Albert Kanngessier 7
    Thomas Kanngessier 5
    Margaret Kanngessier 3
    Caroline Kanngessier 1
    Margeret Heiton 45
    Margaret Heiton 10
    James Heiton 7

HO107; Piece: 1475; Folio: 493; Page: 40; GSU roll: 87798.

1861 England Census
    Henry R Kenneyesir born c 1805 Germany
    address St George Hanover Square

Household:
    Henry R Kenneyesir 56
    May Kenneyesir 49
    Caroline Kenneyesir 12
    Ann S Kenneyesir 10
    Alfred Kenneyesir 6

RG9; Piece: 41; Folio: 15; Page: 31; GSU roll: 542562

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Best wishes,
    Rebecca

Post edited. Please do not copy and paste information from sites such as Ancestry as it violates copyright.
    Thanks
    Elaine (Admin)
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 26-11-09, 21:10. Reason: copyright

It might be worth having a look on the Records Office Offers section, to see if anyone is going to the Westminster Records Office. The original registers may be there.

Unfortunately, that church isn't in the London Metropolitan Archives are, or it could be found on Ancestry.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

you can email the staff at the records office and request a copy. t will cost 4 pounds, and you can write a check. they are very nice and helpful. unfortunately, you wont get a father's name from the entry, but there may be a witness of the groom's family that can help. i have lots of witts that dont look helpful, but when you look for marriages, youd be surprised!

Comment

Dear Christine in Herts & Kylejustin,

Thanks for your tips. I don't live in the UK, but will definitely give the Westminster Register Office a call to see what they can do for me. I can't wait to hear what's on that film.

Best wishes,
        Rebecca

Comment

Hi Rebecca..........just thought you might be interested..on genenet.org there are
          73 familytree matches
          1 archive result
          21 miscellaneaous results
          30 LIBRARY RESULTS....ONE OF THESE IS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM IN 1781....
          it`s a free site to join , so to contact the member with the UK library info you will have to join.....good luck...allan:Wink:
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
          oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
          adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
          merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
          coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Working...
          X