Passengers to UK...Where to look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passengers to UK...Where to look?

I am trying to track 2 people in and out of UK c.1930s / 1940s. They were journeying from Mauritius or South Africa, -perhaps Port Elizabeth.
    I don't have a subscription to findmypast, but someone has kindly looked. I do have Ancestry sub.
    Where else can I look, please?
    Searching for Emily Ella Mary MARSH b. Elham, Kent 1904 ( have cert.) She journeyed to Mauritius with her family in 1915, but married in Kent in 1933(have cert.) Not found as an incoming passenger.

As surname EMPTAGE she travelled out to Mauritius in Dec. 1945, but was back in Sussex, UK by 1947 to give birth to a son Walter NEWLANDS and later that year travelled with him and his father William Mckenzie NEWLANDS(b. 1890, Scotland) to South Africa.- Emily now shown as NEWLANDS.
    I haven't found Emily and William entering UK prior to that birth. They supposedly were married, but no record found so far.

Have you looked for likely mistranscriptions? - e.g. MARCH?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks for reading.
      I've searched several ways of spelling/ just Emily/ b.Kent etc also searched her as Miss MARSH /MARCH

Comment

Working...
      X