Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger list look-up Please

Hi,

Has anyone got a subscription with find my past, who would be willing to do a look up for me please?

I have found a passenger record for an Eva Lockton born 1894. Departed London 1910 Destination Australia Brisbane.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Kelly. :smilee:

The only other info about her is she was aged 16yrs and a domestic servant.

Comment

Hi Sue,

Thank you for your help, it is truly appreciated.

I was hoping there may have been some more information about her. If she went to Australia on her own, would it say on the record?

Kind regards

Kelly.

Comment

She appears to have travelled third class and is listed with lots of other domestic servants.

Comment

Hi Sue,

Thank you for the information, it is truly appreciated.

I was hoping that she may have travelled with a family member.

Kind regards

Kelly.

Comment

Hi Sue,

Sorry to be a nuisance, but on the passenger record for Eva does it have the date she travelled and the ship name?

Kind regards

Kelly.

Comment

Migrant Ships Arriving In Queensland 1837-1915

WAIPARA S.S 19 07 1910 .... .... .. .. .... Pl M1708 (imm/A/150) .... .... .... .... .... ....

Queensland Archives

Item ID 18395
              Previous System Location IMA1/9; PRV8840/1/22
              Transfer ID 66
              Record Type
              Passenger lists
              Item Format Files
              Description Waipara
              Departmental Numbers
              Preferred Citation Queensland State Archives Item ID18395, Passenger lists
              Start Date 12/31/1913
              End Date 9/18/1915
              Date Statement
              Date Notes
              Series
              Series ID: 13048
              Passenger Lists and Associated Papers - Brisbane Arrivals
              Sadly, the start-date is too late for you.

There should be some in-coming records, though, if we hunt around!

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

This link is to a page on the NAA, which gives info about finding passenger lists, including those in-bound to Brisbane:

And to NLA guides:

Index to Immigrants Arriving in Brisbane & Queensland Ports, 1900-1915
                Available on the NMRR stand-alone computer.
                Passenger lists may be found in Microfilm Drawer no. 17; Call no. mfm N 252, see detailed descriptions below.
                Christine
                Last edited by Christine in Herts; 26-11-09, 12:09.
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your help, it is truly appreciated.

I will go and have a look at the links you have given me.

Kind regards

Kelly.

Comment

There's this in the Queensland Archives:
                    Series ID 13113
                    Previous System Location IMM/375 - 376; PRV8903, PRV8909, PRV8911, PRV8912, PRV8918; 13109, 13116, 13115, 13121
                    Title
                    Card Register of Immigrants (by classification)
                    Parent Series
                    This series does not have a parent series.
                    Start Date Circa 1/1/1908
                    End Date Circa 12/31/1920

Date Statement N/A
                    Date Notes N/A
                    Abstract

Register of immigrants according to classification of their passage to Queensland ...
                    This series consists of a card register, kept by the Immigration Department between 1908 and 1920, of immigrants whose names are initially arranged according to classification: assisted (passage), domestic (servants), indented labourers,"special government rate" and unclassified. Details for each entry on the cards include the immigrant's name, age, ship and arrival date, and country.
                    and this:
                    Series ID 13104
                    Previous System Location IMM/148-158; PRV8898
                    Title
                    Passenger Lists and Other Papers Relating to Immigrants Arriving by Ship in Queensland
                    Parent Series
                    This series does not have a parent series.
                    Start Date 7/9/1909
                    End Date 1/15/1932

Date Statement N/A
                    Date Notes N/A
                    Abstract

Files of immigrant ships' passengers
                    This series consists of files of passenger lists, correspondence and other papers relating to immigrant ships whose passengers were travelling to Queensland. There is a file for each ship by batch number, and although the contents of files vary they can include reports concerning the passengers by the Immigration Department representative, and passenger lists of Queensland Government Passengers with details for each immigrant such as name, age, occupation, and their port of departure, for example, Antwerp or London. Other papers and correspondence can include such details as whether immigrants were assisted or nominated and the type of migrant such as domestic servant.
                    Christine

Comment

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your help, I will have a look at the queensland archives as well.

Kind regards

Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
                        Hi Christine,

Thank you for your help, I will have a look at the queensland archives as well.

Kind regards

Kelly.
                        I'm not sure quite how much is available online. You may need to canvas for an FTF member who lives in the area to visit in person - or pay a researcher.

Christine

Comment

Hi Christine,

From what I have read so far, I don't think it is likely I will find anything online. I will have a read through all the info from the links you supplied and then see if anyone lives near the relevant archives who would be willing to help.

Thank you for all of your help, it is truly appreciated.

Kind regards

Kelly.

Comment

Working...
                          X