Best way to share info from your FTM tree.. advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to share info from your FTM tree.. advice please

I want to share information from FTM 2009 with newly found relatives in Australia. They do not have FTM so I will have to create a report of some sort and attach to an email.
    Problem is, it seems any report I generate includes full DOBs of my living relatives. Its not that I dont trust the people I am sending it to, but it is just sensible to have year of birth... I dont want to be cloned:Big Grin:
    I cant see an option on FTM.... I like the 'Register Report' as it includes person notes.
    Can anyone suggest any alternatives please. Many thanks

This Q may also come under software... feel free to move if appropriate.
    John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

Before you create your report you need to Privatise your file.
    Go to FILE - select PRIVATISE
    This will remove the personal details of living people.
    Once you have created your report you will need to un-privatise it by the same method.
    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
      Before you create your report you need to Privatise your file.
      Go to FILE - select PRIVATISE
      This will remove the personal details of living people.
      Once you have created your report you will need to un-privatise it by the same method.
      Wonderful... I saw that option pressed it but unpressed it as I didn't know what it meant and bottled out. Thank you so much:smilee:
      John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

Comment

Another way is to do an ancestor or descendant tree report and restrict the number of generations in the report.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
        X