17th-Century Farthing Trade Tokens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17th-Century Farthing Trade Tokens

I have just added this fascinating link to the wiki on the General History Page.

17th-Century Farthing Trade Tokens
    - the site has researched some of the issuers of the coins; adding hearth tax entries, extracts from wills and other snippets of information to many of them.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

This is interesting - my 4 x grest grandfather's court papers, 1830, concerning a theft, mentions fathings (I think) with a description of the inscription on the stolen money. I always wondered why the inscription was local to the area. I know this is much later than the area of the link but it all makes sense now.
    Thanks Caroline.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Working...
    X