Restore please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore please.

Anyone of you true and wonderful restorers out there please, who would care to tackle the following picture for me. I would appreciate your help.:smilee:

It needs a very good clean up and removal of the blue hue, as well as more clarity of the taller man standing. Thank you.

I scanned it at 800

Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Anyone.......care to have a go?
    Jen

Comment

My attempt , it is my first so i hope to improve .

Peter

Comment

Thank you Peter, you appear to have got rid of most of the blue for me which is fantastic. I always have trouble with that, haven't yet got around to figuring everything out. I appreciate it Peter.
        Jen

Comment

here you go Jen, though I'm pretty sure that I have done this one before :smilee:

Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

You may have seen it up before Julie when I posted it to discover what the uniform was, which Don t explained. Don't think you've ever cleaned it up for me though, as I would not have put it up. You've done an excellent job on it Julie, I'm very pleased and happy with it now. Thanks a million.:smilee:

I don't suppose you could tell me what tool you used to clean away all the blue discolouring?
            Jen

Comment

thats probably it Jen..

some pictures stick in me mind :smilee:

re the blue hue, when I save a pic initially to me desktop it goes into picasa3, I then open it up in picasa3 and do the first sweep of basic editing in that, so in this case I would change it to sepia setting, I did try it in B/W but it didnt look so good :smilee: once I had saved it, I then opened it up in Elements 6 I think it is that I have, and then did the main touchups in that.
              Julie

Comment

I'm presently using elements 7 after upgrading from 5, but I still don't know which tool is best. I've tried the spot tool but don't always get a good result with it....unless I'm doing it wrong. Can't see how...as it is easy to use.
                Don't like using the blur tool too much as it tends to get messy.
                Jen

Comment

yea I know what you mean, I get very hit n miss results with the spot healing tool too. I use the clone tool mostly, and occasionally the 'Burn' tool to darken really light pictures.

I have had elements 6 for about 2 years and still havent used it to its full potiential. ( I used elements 2 before that, and the photomerge on that was FAB!!) though I do struggle with it alot on 6.
                  Julie

Comment

Sorry Jen, been rather busy, and yours got put on the bottom of the pile.

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

That's lovely Wendy thank you........I always prefer yours, Rachel's and Julie's work to my own, you're all so much better in the spruce up department!

know I've been a little pushy but, I wanted it ready to send my brother for xmas.

Lovely work everyone, many thanks.:smilee:
                      Jen

Comment

Jen, do you know the details of the uniform and an approximate date - if so would you consider posting it in the Costume Gallery (Uniform section).

You can add it to the wiki yourself, but if you want someone to add it for you then just leave a message (new thread) in the Wiki Community forum - selecting Costume Gallery for the thread prefix.
                        Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine, If I remember correctly I think it was the flying corps of the RAF.
                          Grandfather (Tallest man at the back) was not a flyer....as he had a glide in his eye as you can see from the picture. I imagine he was ground crew and it must have been during the 1st world war. he would have been in his very early 30's. He was born in 1883. He died in 1944.
                          Don't know if you ever remember me mentioning it but after his service he worked as a window cleaner for a Manchester Company. The Express window cleaning company. He was quite unhappy in his later years as there was a lot of disputes within the company about some men not doing their work properly and/or not turning in and he tried to set up on his own for a while. Eventually he did go back to the company with all this stress praying on his mind and subsequently he had an accident. He fell from an office block window ledge onto the pavement and smashed his liver. He was pronounced dead on arrival at Ancoats hospital. He was 60.

I'd be happy for you to use the picture Elaine, I will mention it on the other thread.
                          Jen

Comment

Working...
                          X